Shiny Pink Flower

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Review: Benefit South Africa V&A Waterfront Store Launch

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I attended Benefit South Africa's store opening launch party hosted by the Queen of Winged Eyeliner and On Fleek Eyebrows, Lisa from Lipstick Lifestyle. This is Benefit's 4th store opening in Cape Town! We were treated to yummy eats, an informative brow mapping session and cute goody bags!

In 1976, Jean and Jane Ford, twin sisters from Indiana, created a beauty boutique with products to assist ladies with beauty dilemmas. Labeled as one of the "friskiest" beauty brand that now has over 2,000 counters in more than 38 countries.

Here's a snippet of the new V&A Waterfront store in Edgars:
Before we left, we were handed a goody bag with some sample Benefit products. I honestly don't believe the hype around beauty products until I've tried it myself for a good few weeks but I am officially sold on some of Benefit products now.

In our goody bag we received:
♡ Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer - R345.00
♡ POREfessional Face Primer - Mini R125.00 | Full size R395.00
♡ They're Real! Lengthening Mascara in Black - Mini R145.00 | Full size R295.00
Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer - 
This eyelid primer with an SPF of 20 contains EnviroDefend complex that's known to help guard your delicate eyelids against sun, smoke and pollutants. Benefit also claims that it extends the wear of eyeshadow for long-lasting color that won’t crease, fade or smear.

This primer has a slight tint to it and I noticed that it cancels any colour unevenness on the eyelid which is great when not applying any eyeshadow. It creates a nice, clean and smooth canvas for eyeshadow application.

The full size Air Patrol has a CushionCalm tip that is stress-free, pressure-free and softer than your pinkie!
POREfessional Face Primer - 
This product is very big in the beauty community and I really didn't think that all the hype around it was true until I tried it and oh boy, I now understand why everyone raves about the POREfessional face primer.

It minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines for smooth skin. The formula is oil-free and complements all skin tones. It also contains vitamin E derivatives that is known to protect skin from free radicals.

A pea size is enough to cover my entire face. The mousse like formula glides on with ease creating a smooth canvas for applying foundation. It has a slight scent which is pleasant and not too potent. It doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin which is great!
They're Real! Mascara in Black -  
I was really excited when I saw that this was in our goody bag because I really wanted to try this mascara without having to buy it first because it is a bit pricey. This mascara also comes in three shades to suit everyone's preference. It comes in black, brown and blue.

Benefits They're real! mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes and lifts lashes making it look amazing.
This mascara doesn't clump or flake which is great for me because I wear contacts and having mascara flake off and potentially going in my eyes is a no-no.

After getting my brows done at Benefit's Brow Bar yesterday, I bought the Real Sexy Steal set because I totally fell inlove with the They're Real! Mascara and the set is so worth it because instead of paying R295.00 for just the mascara, you get two minis in the set as well.

Let's just take a moment to appreciate this mascara brush...
What's your favourite Benefit product? :D

Be sure to follow Benefit South Africa on various SNS:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Until next time..
xx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram