Shiny Pink Flower

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lush Weekly: #12 Lush South Africa Easter 2015

Hi everyone,

I was so excited for this years Easter collection because well...I'm always excited when Lush releases new products. *shrugs

I wanted to get the Easter collection online but when I was able to get to my pc, most of the products were sold out already *sobs*. I absolutely love going into a Lush store to chat to the Lushies and sniff errthang so I wasn't even mad that the stock was sold out online but more in a state of panic because limited edition things sell like hot cakes!

I told myself that I won't get everything because I still have a slice of Carrot soap and Golden Egg bathbomb from last years Easter collection.

I ended up getting everything.......WHERE IS YOUR SELF CONTROL, WOMAN??

Anyways, back to my Lush Easter 2015 haul. I picked up all 8 Easter products and 2 Mother's Day products and my bank account started weeping.
Lush Easter / Mother's Day 2015:
Bubblegrub Bubbleroon //  R48.50 / 100g
It's a bug-eat-bug world out there. This little cutie will create a cocoon of shimmering, creamy bubbles. It will leave you feeling fly with softening shea butter, earthy vetivert and aromatic sandalwood.

OHMAIGAWD! You guys, when I saw this little sucker I could not hold my laughter! LOOK AT HIM! He is so adorably shocked and it's great! Besides being extremely cute, this bubbleroon is filled with organic shea butter that will make your bath water feel amazingly soft. He has White and Dairy-Free Chocolate Drops as eyes. *dies*

The scent of Bubblegrub is new to Lush South Africa as we never had a product with the same scent until Easter 2015. It's a very rich sweet scent that everyone might not like. It's like a vanilla toffee scent. I'm not that crazy about the scent. It's okay but not one of my favourites.

This little cutie is part of the Mother's Day 2015 collection.
Ultraviolet Bubble Bar // R75.00 / 200g
Dive into a deep purple pool with bubbles scented with violet leaf and jasmine absolutes. Make it through the rain and find the silver lining to every bubbly cloud. Just what UV been waiting for.

Ultraviolet Bubble Bar is a new edition to the Mother's Day collection. I honestly had no idea how amazing this bubble bar would smell. The lovely Kate from Lush recommended that I use a each coloured piece on separate baths so that the water is a different colour each time I bath. Which is actually a great idea! 

My favourite Lush lustre is definitely the Snowflake Lustre and guess what lustre this beauty of a bubble bar contains?? YEP :D Snowflake Lustre! It creates pretty purple water with beautiful silver lustres. What more could you want from this bubble bar??

This purple goodness of a bubble bar is part of the Mother's Day 2015 collection.
Bunch of Carrots Bubble Bar // R80.00 / 150g
Dig up the dirt on refreshing tropical bathing with this adorable trio of carrots. Bubbly clouds of buchu, lemon and grapefruit oils revive the senses.

One of my favourite Lush scents is a mixture of Buchu, Sicilian Lemon and Bergamot. It's a sweet yet fresh scent. I've mentioned before that I'm always attracted to scents that contains Bergamot. I'm not a big bubble bar fan but I actually really like the reusable bubble bars.

All you need to do is swish a carrot around in the bath and watch it create fluffy bubbles while it fills the bathroom with it's lovely scent.
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb // R42.50 / 125g
Pretty in pink, this bath bomb is better than any chocolate egg. The smell of candy floss will satiate even the sweetest tooth.

The Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb is nothing special to be honest. It's a fast fizzing bath bomb and It doesn't do anything spectacular like spew out pretty lustres or colours. It shares the same scent as the famous Snow Fairy scent which everyone seems to love and the design of the bath bomb is pretty adorable. It turns the water a vibrant pink colour.

Personally, I don't mind it being a.... boring bath bomb because the scent kind of makes up for that. I like the Snow Fairy scent every once in a while so this bath bomb is definitely something I don't mind buying year after year.
Hoppity Poppity Bath Bomb // R38.50 / 100g
Sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you're down, bounce back with this fantastically fizzy little bunny. Drop in the bath for a fresh, herbal experience that will leave you feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Popping candy adds a little fun.

Initially when I smelt this bath bomb I thought it smelt like Sakura Bath Bomb but only after realising that it was placed next to Sakura in store. Sigh. I can't seem to pick up what this bath bomb smells like. The scent is really subtle. I read somewhere that someone thinks it smells like laundry detergent which isn't really a bad thing because it is a lovely scent. Who doesn't like that clean scent, right?

Laced with a fresh and earthy fragrance of violet, lime and lavender, this bath bomb will definitely leave you feeling relaxed. Also, it contains popping candy which is kind of cool, right??
Immaculate Eggception Pink // R85.00 / 243g
Inside each giant fizzy egg is a secret surprise. What is it? You’ll just have to crack the Bath Bomb shell to find out. Get a hold of your egg, line up the seam with the edge of a hard surface and give it one good WHACK! Once it’s cracked, you can drop half the shell in your tub for an energizing ylang ylang, grapefruit and vanilla bath. Save the other half and the mysterious treat inside for two more luxurious soaks. *Lushusa.com

Back for another round this year. This massive bath bomb can be sliced in half and used on two separate baths. Last year the Immaculate Eggception had a little surprise inside (I still have the little surprise hidden in my Lush draw) but this year it doesn't seem like I picked one with a surprise inside because when I shook the bath bomb it sounded hallow. Hmm. 
The Immaculate Eggception is packed with ylang ylang, grapefruit and vanilla to make a lovely bath experience. I absolutely loved this bath bomb last year so I was really glad that they brought it back this year again.

Unfortunately, this badboy of a bath bomb is not available online so it's best to pop in at your nearest Lush store and grab one...or two.
Golden Egg Bath Bomb // R55.00 / 100g
How do you like your legs in the morning? We like ours soaking in honey-toffee scented molten gold, packed full of Fair Trade Colombian cocoa butter.

The Golden Egg Bath Bomb is definitely a luxurious bath bomb because not only is it a bath bomb but it's also a bath melt. The first layer of the Golden Egg Bath Bomb is cocoa butter covered in gold lustres and the second layer is the bath bomb that starts fizzing after the cocoa butter starts to melt.

This bath bomb shares it's scent with the yummy Honey, I Washed the Kids soap. A lovely sweet honey and warm toffee scent. I always keep a big bottle of It's Raining Men shower gel (Same scent as Honey, I Washed the Kids soap) in my Lush stash because I adore using that shower gel in the Winter time because it's a very warm and rich scent.
Somewhere Over the Rainbow Soap // R39.50 / 100g
Wash with a chunk of the rainbow and allow your troubles to melt like lemon drops. Rose absolute, Sicilian mandarin and neroli oils will leave you dancing through life.

You guys, you NEED to see the entire soap to understand how awesome it is. Click here. It's so pretty! I love rainbows so I was really excited to get this soap but I was rather disappointed when I smelt it. 

As pretty as it looks, the scent just doesn't match the awesomeness of this soap. The scent is subtle and doesn't really leave a lasting impression. This soap is filled with rose absolute, sicilian mandarin and neroli oils. I mainly bought this soap for it's appearance because who can resist rainbows and Lush silver and gold lustres?? 
Carrot Soap // R39.50 / 100g
Looks like a carrot, smells like a refreshing tropical fruit juice. Every slice of this tropical smelling, limited edition Easter soap has a white rabbit leaping through the middle!
The orange part is made with moisturising carrot seed oil, and in the white is lots of skin-softening Fair Trade Organic cocoa butter. This luxurious blend of ingredients will leave you feeling as soft as the Easter Bunny himself. Plus, the tropical, fruity smell of buchu, lemon and bergamot essential oils will linger on your skin.

Sharing it's scent with Bunch of Carrots, Snowman FUN '14 and Snowman Jelly '14, I was happy to see that Lush brought Carrot Soap back this year because this scent is so yummy! I really need Lush to duplicate this scent and make a shower gel already.

I loved using this soap so much that I still have a piece from last year that I was keeping in case it didn't come back this year. It leaves my skin feeling lovely and like the description says the scent does linger on your skin for a while.
Pot O' Gold Shower Jelly // R65.00 / 100g
At the end of every rainbow lies sweet, decadently-scented jelly. Orange peel decoction and fresh pineapple juice are blended with shimmer to add some shine to your showering.

Well, the description on the site should be change because this shower jelly doesn't have a fruity scent. It's more of a rich sweet caramel / toffee scent. That being said, I kind of like the scent. It's lovely but it can get a bit too much because it's not a subtle scent. It's very potent. 

This shower jelly definitely screams royalty because look at it, it's literally a pile of gold goo!

I'm not a fan of shower jellies because I feel that it's just too much stress to deal with in the shower. I have to concentrate on it so hard that I don't drop it. Sigh, I'm not about that life, guys.

This years Easter range was interesting. I'm glad we received all the products from Easter this year. Yay!

What are your thoughts on Lush Easter range 2015?

Until next time..
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram