Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, December 1, 2014

Review: The Galileo Open Air Cinema

Hi everyone,

Last week Thursday I experienced my first Galileo Open Air Cinema movie and it was flippen ah-ma-zing!
The Galileo Open Air Cinema is definitely a unique way to see your favourite classic old school movies. 

They screen movies at different locations on different days of the week; 
♡ Tuesday - Hillcrest Quarry
♡ Wednesday -  Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
♡ Thursday - V&A Waterfront
♡ and once a month on a Saturday - Cape Winelands (Somerset West to Stellenbosch)
The V&A Waterfront screening is held on the Croquet Lawn that is situated above the Ulundi Parking Garage. Doors open at 6:00pm and the movie starts after sunset which is around 7:45pm - 8:15pm. 

Once we got our blanket and backrest chair thing-a-bob (You don't have to hire a blanket because you are allowed to bring your own but I highly suggest hiring a backrest chair thing-a-bob because a) it's comfy and b) it's part of the The Galileo experience), we took a seat on the lawn within the guide tape and before the movie started we got some yummy eats from the local food vendors while jamming to some tunes. I really enjoyed the nachos and chilli poppers from The Mexican Nacho. It was probably the best nachos I've ever eaten and it makes my basic nachos seem lame lol. My sister and I also enjoyed freshly made popcorn with Smarties (which I added lol) while watching the movie.

The Galileo has a "roaming photo-booth" where a Galileo staff member comes to each group with awesome props to take some cool shots of the patrons for the night before the movie starts. I think it's cool that they have entertainment before the movie.
The movie commences immediately after sunset. The quality of the equipment that is used for the screening is fantastic! I honestly thought that the sound wouldn't be the best of quality because we were sitting outside and sound travels, oh boy was I wrong. The sound was crystal clear and the quality of the screen was really good as well.

The Galileo Open Air Cinema is the perfect way to spend an evening with your family, friends or your significant other. It's a great treat for family or friends visiting from different countries for the festive season. The experience alone is something really amazing. You get to watch your favourite old school movie "under a ceiling of stars".  

The atmosphere is spectacular and I can assure you that The Galileo Open Air Cinema will leave you wanting more! 
The Galileo Open Air Cinema movies range from Action to Drama and Romantic Comedies to Horrors so there is a genre to suit everyone's fancy. You can check out the upcoming movies here.

I highly suggest that you give The Galileo Open Air Cinema a try. It's a really fun experience. My sister and I really enjoyed ourselves. The vibe was awesome, the food was amazing and The Galileo Open Air Cinema staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Prices range from R70 to R95, which I think is pretty reasonable. You can find all ticket information here. To get updates from The Galileo Open Air Cinema, Like them on Facebook or Follow them on Twitter.

Until next time..
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram