Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lush Weekly: #4 Review - Sparkler Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

It's that time of the week again...IT'S LUSH WEEKLY TIME! Lol. Okay, I'm done.
This week on Lush Weekly, I have another Halloween / Christmas bath bomb that I will be reviewing. This beauty is called Sparkler bath bomb. I know I said in my previous Lush Weekly post that I will be writing about my recent Lush online haul. But I really can't allow this review to lay in my draft box any longer.
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
A crackling and fizzing Rose Jam-scented bath bomb that makes bath night fireworks night. The soothingly-fragranced bomb fizzes and crackles in an explosion of colour, spinning around the bath turning it into a fiery, shimmering display.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Citric Acid (Citric Acid), Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Egyptian Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Popping Candy, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Lauryl Betaine (Lauryl Betaine), Perfume (Perfume), *Limonene (*Limonene), Coumarin (Coumarin), Citronellol (Citronellol), Geraniol (Geraniol), Colour 47005, Colour 15510 (Colour 15510), Colour 14700 (Colour 14700), Gold Glimmer Lustre (Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides, Silica)
What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
Rose Jam is probably the most loved scent at Lush during the festive season (and not forgetting Snow Fairy). Even though Lush does carry products with the exact same scent as Rose Jam, when Rose Jam shower gel hits the stores we still go crazy for it! And this year, I'm certain that most of us went crazy for the Sparkler bath bomb because it has the same scent as the lovely Rose Jam shower gel. However, Sparkler's scent is a bit subtle compared to Rose Jam, Rose Jam Bubbleroon and Ro's Argon Body Conditioner, which is lovely. It's not over powering, it's perfect!

When I first saw this bath bomb I wasn't too impressed because it's just a plain yellow cylinder shaped bath bomb. Nothing special, right? Uh, wrong! Sparkler is made has two parts, the yellow outter bit and then the red and gold glitter inner bit. Once tossed in the tub, the yellow bit starts to foam away and then the red and gold glitter starts spewing out. It is definitely a "fiery, shimmering display". I was really surprised that this bath bomb fizzed and foamed for a while actually. It fizzed for about 10 - 15 minutes.
I try to stay away from reading other peoples reviews on a bath bomb before I use it because I want to experience the bath bomb with a "clear" mind sort of so I was not expecting all the gorgeous glitter. I panicked when it didn't stop spewing out of the bath bomb. All I could think of was "OMG, my mother is going to slaughter me". Once the bath bomb was completely dissolved, I was left with a beautiful bath covered in gold glitters! My bath water reminded me a bit of Sunny Side bubble bar.

Like the Northern Lights bath bomb, Sparkler has the same cylindrical-shape as well. A very unique shaped bath bomb in my opinion.
If I had to choose over Northern Lights and Sparkler, I would definitely pick the Sparkler because the scent is amazing and because it looks like a plain and simple bath bomb but once you put it in the tub, it turns into this gorgeous firework display in the tub!

Tub residue? Nope.
Soft skin? Yep.
Glitter everywhere? Double YEP!

The Sparkler bath bomb retails for R48.50. This would be the perfect Christmas gift or just an end of year gift (Secrete Santa vibes).

Sparkler Bath Bomb:
A video posted by Naeemah (@naeemosupremo) on
Vegan?
Yes!

Would I buy this bath bomb again?
HELLZ YES!

My next Lush Weekly post will be all about my recent Lush online haul. Promise.

Until next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Definitely!

      This is one of my favourites from the Christmas range!

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram