Shiny Pink Flower

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lush Weekly: #3 Review - Father Christmas Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

This week on Lush Weekly I will be reviewing the Father Christmas bath bomb. I want to review as much of the Christmas range now before the festive season is over and Lush will no longer stock any of the Christmas range products. It's a sad situation because this years Christmas range is all kinds of awesome.

Gosh, just look at this happy little chappy. Too bad his face is going to fizz away. Aw.
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
A festive bath bomb to bring Santa's presence into the bath. Once you pop this jolly bomb in your bath, it turns your water from bright red to vivid green. This year, Father Christmas will fill your bathroom with the popular sweet scent of Snow Fairy. All we want for Christmas is this Santa, baby!
Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Citric Acid (Citric Acid), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Lauryl Betaine (Lauryl Betaine), Perfume (Perfume), Synthetic Musk (Synthetic Musk), Methyl Ionone (Methyl Ionone), Benzyl Benzoate (Benzyl Benzoate), Colour 19140 (Colour 19140), Colour 42090 (Colour 42090), Colour 14700 (Colour 14700)
What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
This adorable bath bomb is one of the bigger round bath bombs. It can be used all at once or split into two. Personally, I don't condone splitting bath bombs because I want you to experience a bath bomb in all its glory and not half of it's glory lol. Kidding, it's your bath bomb. Do whatever.

When I popped this into the bath I was expecting a colour burst of red and then green but all I saw was a pale red, white foam and then this amazing shade of green! So that was kind of disappointing. The green is really pretty, though. When reading the description of this bath bomb I thought it sounded quite festive but the fact that it didn't turn the water bright red, as promised by Lush, it was a bit disappointing. I expected the green but I did not expect it to be as vibrant as it was. It's seriously beautiful and it leaves the water looking amazing!

Father Christmas is kind of a new bath bomb, it's still the same as previous years except one major difference, the scent has changed. Yes, there is another additional to the Snow Fairy scent range. I was a bit confused as to why they changed the scent because the appearance does not really match the scent. When I see the Father Christmas bath bomb my mind is prepared to smell a citrus scent not a sweet candy floss scent. I did enjoy the scent but I was just confused lol. The reason why I enjoyed it was because it wasn't as potent as the Snow Fairy shower gel. It's subtle but still nice and sweet. I do enjoy the Snow Fairy scent but in small dosages.

This bath bomb fizzes quick and then slow. The outer bit (pale red and white) foams for a bit before releasing this quick fizzing vibrant green colour. It is a solid bath bomb so the green bit does take a bit longer to fizz away than the pale red and white bit. It's not an extremely slow fizzer but it does fizz kind of slow due to it being solid.

Like all Lush bath bombs, it leaves the water feeling soft and it was relaxing to just lay in a green bath filled with the aroma of a subtle Snow Fairy scent.
Overall, I definitely enjoyed this bath bomb. Yes, it's not the most visual bath bomb but it is nice. The green fizz was really nice and the scent was amazing as well. The scent actually lingered on my skin for quite sometime.

The Father Christmas bath bomb retails for R48.50 for 200g of bath bomb. 

Vegan?
Yes!

Would I buy this bath bomb again?
Yes, I would.

My next Lush Weekly post will be all about my recent Lush online haul.

Until next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. That bath bomb looks so amazing! I'd love to try it :)

    http://maireadandjess.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out!

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram