Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, November 17, 2014

Lush Weeky: #1 Review - Northern Lights Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

The last Lush bath bomb review I done was in June (omg). But now I'm back with a new Lush series on my blog called Lush Weekly. You can read all about it over here.

This week on Lush Weekly, I am reviewing the Northern Lights bath bomb. This bath bomb is a Halloween edition bath bomb but in South Africa, we got it part of the Christmas collection (Hey, I'm not complaining. At least we got it!).
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
Escape into relaxation with this bath bomb that gives an impressive display no matter where you are in the world. As the ends fizz away, the middle slowly dissolves to reveal blue and neon green, turning your water into a calming jasmine and ylang ylang-scented swirling night sky scattered with stars.

Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Citric Acid (Citric Acid), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Lauryl Betaine (Lauryl Betaine), Perfume (Perfume), *Linalool (*Linalool), *Limonene (*Limonene), Hydroxycitronellal (Hydroxycitronellal), Lilial (Lilial), Colour 45410 (Colour 45410), Colour 42090 (Colour 42090), Colour 59040, White Edible Stars (Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, Glycerine, Gum Arabic, Sodium caoxy methyl Cellulose)

What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
Oh, Northern Lights, the first time I laid eyes on you I knew I had to have you. The Northern Lights bath bomb is not your average round bath ballistic and I think that's what makes it a bit more special.

This bath bomb appealed to me because it's purple and it has adorable white stars layered on top of the bath bomb. I think the purple and the white contrasts well with each other. I thought the stars were Lush's biodegradable confetti but it wasn't! Once the stars hits the water, it becomes this creamy lotion that melts on the skin. UGH! HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT?

The shape of this bath bomb is cylindrical-shape so it's kind of unique compared to Lush's other round bath bombs. It's supposed to twirl around in a circle but it didn't because I think the layer that was keeping the neon yellow layer was still busy dissolving. You can check out my Instagram video to see the full effect.
If you enjoy Lush's bestselling Christmas Eve bubble bar scent then you would definitely love this scent because these two products shares the same scent. I actually love when Lush duplicates the scent of an existing product because I'm not that fond of Lush bubble bars (I don't hate it or anything but it won't be the first thing on my Lush lust list) and the fact that they make products that I do enjoy, like bath bombs, I can still enjoy the scent. This jasmine absolute and ylang-ylang oil concoction is not really potent but kind of subtle and kind to the nose. The scent does fade after a while but I think my nose just got used to the scent because my mother could smell it after I had my bath.

Once this bath bomb hits the water it fizzes and turns the water into a blue, purple, and yellow spectacle. The outer layer seems to fizz and foam quicker than the rest of the bath bomb, once the outer layer dissolves, I was left with a slow fizzing bath bomb that created the Northern Lights phenomenon in my bath tub! Well, it was on a smaller scale obviously lol.

This always sounds weird to say but this bath bomb makes the water feel softer. When I got out of the bath I didn't really have to moisturize because my skin felt soft. This is why I love Lush bath bombs. #LazyGirlHack.
Overall, I absolutely love this bath bomb and I can't wait to stock up on some more because damn, it's really amazing! No tub residue, no stained fingers (I'm looking at you Phoenix Rising. Learn from Northern Lights, bro) and the scent is lovely and that makes me happy.

Retailing for only R48.50 / 150g I personally think it is worth every rand.

Vegan?
Yes!

Would I buy this bath bomb again?
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ASK THAT?? YES!

My next Lush Weekly post will showcase a product that's extremely underrated and it's flippen awesome!

Side note, sorry for the terrible images. 

Until next time..
xx

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful review - it really is a marvel, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jen :)

      It's really amazing. I absolutely love the colours!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. The prettiest so glad I got some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? I need to get more!!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I bought this one last week but haven't used it yet. I think tonight's the night! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you holding back on using it??? LOL. Please let me know your thoughts? :)

      Thank you!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  4. That looks amazing! Definitely gonna pick that up, even though I'm not usually the hugest fan of bath bombs. I want the Northern Lights in my tub!
    Loves! kirstie @ Kimamely beauty (kimamely.blogspot.co.uk) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really amazing :D Definitely one of my favourites.

      Yay! :D

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram