Shiny Pink Flower

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review: The Grabouw Lodge

Hi everyone,

Last weekend, I had a mini getaway with my family at the Grabouw Lodge. The Grabouw Lodge is situated at the heart of the lush Elgin Valley. On their website, they claim that the lodge is basically a home away from home and it oh my gosh, it definitely is!


My niece and I stayed in a luxurious room fitted with a bath with an over head shower, a mini fridge, flatscreen TV with 10 DStv channels, tea and coffee-making facilities and an air-conditioning system. We also had a lovely view of gorgeous green farms and mountains from the balcony. Each room has an apple related name which I thought was extremely cute!

The Grabouw Lodge also has a secluded pool surrounded by wooden flooring and a beautiful garden.



The Grabouw Lodge offers breakfast (Included in your accommodation fee) and supper (R155). The breakfast buffet includes eggs, mushrooms, cocktail sausages, a cheese plate, fruit, yoghurt, ceral and much much more while the supper menu includes traditional Malay dishes and dessert. I absolutely love the fact that we had scrumptious and filling home cooked meals. Even the food has a homely vibe to it, which I really enjoyed. The Grabouw Lodge is strictly Halaal. You don't have to opt in for the supper because they do have braai facilities. The first night we had supper it was a bit chilly so when we got to the dinning area, the fireplace was lit creating a homely ambiance.


The Dollie's (owners) are extremely welcoming and friendly towards their guests. They will treat you like they're your family and I think that the whole homely / family vibe really creates a great experience. The lodge is directly opposite a little shopping center that has a Spar and Mr Price and various other stores.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Grabouw Lodge. Being someone who is always busy working, this was really relaxing and refreshing because I literally done absolutely nothing lol. There are fun activities that are close by so no need to worry my dear adventure seekers.

I think the only con about this lodge is that it's not really child friendly. There aren't any child friendly facilities on the premises except the pool which is understandable because I think they mainly cater for couples and kids that are able to stay in a room by themselves.

The lodge has a beautiful garden that you can wander through and that's where I caught this little bugger in action.


If you would like to know more about the Grabouw Lodge, contact Mr Dollie here.
Or visit their website or Facebook page.

If you're looking for an affordable getaway that still has that luxury and homely feel to it then I highly suggest the Grabouw Lodge.

Until next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. the place looks so homey and comfy! And the ribs for breakfast are just too delish :9

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram