Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Review: eos Lipbalm Vanilla Mint

Hi everyone,

eos recently launched two brand new eos lip balm scents, Vanilla Mint and Coconut Milk. I'm sure I saw it on their Instagram account in the early hours of the morning and then immediately tweeted my favourite online beauty store if they are getting it in or not. A few days later it was on the site but Coconut Milk was already sold out! So I only managed to get the Vanilla Mint.

eos Vanilla Mint

What eos has to say about this lip balm:
eos Visibly Soft™ Lip Balm, enriched with natural conditioning oils, moisturizing shea butter and antioxidant vitamins C & E, nourishes for immediately softer, more beautiful lips.

Smooth on the refreshing essence of sweet mint and give your lips the moisture they crave.
eos lip balm in Sweet Mint is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

♡ Long-lasting moisture ♡ Shea butter & vitamin E ♡ Smoothes on clear ♡ Precisely glides on lips
♡ Paraben-frees ♡ Petrolatum-free ♡ Twist-off top ♡ Gluten-free
♡ 0.25 oz ♡ Phthalate-free

Ingredients: 
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire d’abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

eos Vanilla Mint

What The Jam Jar has to say about this lip balm:
If you know me, you would know that I love my eos lipbalms. I have a biggish collection and I try to use a different one everyday. I was extremely excited to get my hands on the new vanilla mint eos but kind of disappointed when I got it.

Like the other eos lip balms (including the eos sticks), they're extremely moisturizing and they smell great. I was a bit let down by this scent because it is not as potent as the other eos lipbalms and you can hardly smell the vanilla mintness. I can pick up the vanilla scent but not really the mint. I thought that this eos would also have that slight tingle once on the lips like the sweet mint but unfortunately it doesn't :(

The packaging for the eos vanilla mint and coconut milk is totally different to the other eos lip balms. It doesn't just have the solid colour but it has an adorable swirl pattern around the lip balm. You can like feel the swirls on the packaging. I think the new packaging is super cute.

I really like the fact that eos lipbalms provides moisture but doesn't leave my lips all shiney. It creates a matt surface, which I really like.

Retailing at $3.99 (ZAR 43,84), I think that it's pretty affordable for a newly released product.

Overall, the only thing that disappoints me about this lipbalm is the scent just because I expected more but other than that, I don't find anything else wrong with this adorable lipbalm.

Until next time..
xx

9 comments:

  1. I love EOS lipbalms and these two new scents sound amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The eos smooth sticks are amazing as well :) Actually all their products are pretty awesome.

      I really want the Coconut Milk scent but I refuse to pay a ridiculous amount for it.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. It looks amazing, can't wait to get myself one!!

    www.beautycandyloves.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did you pay for your shipping? I know they are determined by weight but for you how much was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure but shipping was between R50 - R60. Not that expensive and personally, I think it was worth it.
      So far, I think My Pretty Face Place is the cheapest to buy eos products.

      Let me know if you get some :) Would love to hear your views on it.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It takes 2 weeks :) It might take longer now that the post office is on strike. The first time I ordered, my package took a month due to the PO strike. But My Pretty Face Place does provide a tracking number so you can track your package.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  5. You can now get eos products from www.thebikiniclub.co.za Or www.HashtagAwesome.co.za

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram