Shiny Pink Flower

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Recipe: Classic Tomato and Basil Bruschetta

Hi everyone,

My sister and I went through this Julie & Julia phase where we watched the movie over and over and over and over. Do you ever get that feeling that you really want to make something after watching a show or movie about cooking? Yeah, we felt that way too.
When I met ZZ2's little rascals, the first thing I thought of was Bruschetta!

Classic Tomato and Basil Bruschetta:
Ingredients:
♡  6 ZZ2 Rigoletto Tomatoes
♡  6 Slices of a French Loaf
♡  Handful of Basil Leaves
♡  Extra Virgin Olive Oil
♡  1 Teaspoon of Garlic
♡  A pitch of Salt and Pepper
♡  A dash of Thyme


Method:
Step 1:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Once you cut up your french loaf into slices, take a basting brush and brush some EVOO on each slice and place it in an oven proof dish. Pop those suckers in the oven until they're golden.

Step 2:  
Chop up the tomatoes into chunky bits. Chop up the basil leave into strips. Mix together and add a splash of EVOO, garlic, salt and pepper.

Step 3: (Optional)
And this is where I failed at making Bruschetta because I decided to fry the tomato and basil mixture a bit lol. But I can assure you that this step does not make this snack taste weird. I honestly think it tastes amazing even with a little frying.

Step 4:
Place tomato and basil mixture on top of golden brown slices of french loaf. I topped mine off with some thyme because recently I've been loving errthang with a dash of thyme.

Even though I didn't make it the proper way, my family still enjoyed this yummy snack.

This is the perfect starter as The Sparkling Labyrinth suggested or even a light meal with a yummy side salad that ZZ2 suggested on Twitter.

By the way, I made a Biltong Salad for lunch now the other day with ZZ2's Little Rascal called Bacio and OH MY WERD, it was so freaking good, you guys! Here's a picture;
Let me know if you try this super easy recipe :)

Until next time..
xx 

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram