Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, August 4, 2014

Review: Perfumes of the Month

Hi everyone,

I'm sure those who follow me on instagram saw my confession about my hoarding regarding perfume. Now I have a big collection of perfume but I've been leaning towards four certain perfumes for the past few weeks.

I can't leave my Minaj army behind because I'm sure you know that I love Nicki Minaj and her perfumes!

Perfumes of the Month
Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj:
Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj - 75ml | R495.00
"Sassy. Fearless. Feminine.

Get your world spinning with Pink Friday, an intoxicating floral musk. Sparkling with mouth-watering fruits, the fragrance imparts a playful cloud of pink floral petals that whisper the sultry warmth of vanilla, skin musks and woods.

Striking from all angles, the stunning statuesque bottle, just like Nicki, shines in the spotlight. Make life fearlessly fun with this intoxicating fragrance." - Pink Friday Website

Notes:
♡ Heart notes -
    Lotus Flower, Jasmine Petals
♡ Top notes -
    Starfruit, Italian Mandarin, Boysenberry
♡ Base notes -
    Vanilla, Carmelized Pear, Musks, Woods

Pink Friday will always hold a special place in my heart because it's Nicki Minaj's first fragrance and because it's named after her first ever album that basically started the whole Pink Friday empire! I've been a Nicki Minaj fan since her ratchet ass mixtapes and seeing how much she accomplished since then is amazing and very inspiring. 

This scent reminds me of Summer. It's floraly but not overpowering. Most celebrity perfumes smells the same but this one is totally different than other celebrity perfumes. The funny thing about this perfume is when I tell people I'm wearing Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj, they're actually surprised because you would think it's the same tacky celebrity scent instead it's this gorgeous light scent perfect for Summer.

This is a Eau de Parfum so basically it's an oil based perfume and the scent does last a while and sometimes the scent lingers in my hair and scarfs. I would rate this scent life 8 ½ out of 10.

Minajesty by Nicki Minaj:
Minajesty by Nicki Minaj - 75ml | R495.00
"Sultry. Glamorous. Confident.

Rule your queendom with Minajesty. This sultry floral gourmand scent reigns with luscious fruits and luxurious fresh florals, draped in creamy vanilla and pure musks.

With its outrageous and sexy presence, the striking bottle is a glamorous statement, enticing fans to collect the next, must-have “doll” in the Nicki Minaj collection." - Minajesty Website

Minajesty is definitely Pink Friday's younger sister. I find that both fragrances are kind of similar. At first when I spray this perfume, I get a slight orchid scent and then the dry down smells a bit like candy floss. It seems like a much toned down version of Pink Friday. Definitely another perfect Summer scent!

Notes:
♡ Heart notes -
    Magnolia, Pink Frangipani, Tiger Orchid
♡ Top notes -
    Juicy Peach, Red Currant, Lemon Blossom
♡ Base notes -
    Tonka, Fluffy Vanilla, White Musk

This is a Eau de Parfum so basically it's an oil based perfume and the scent does last a while and sometimes the scent lingers in my hair and scarfs. I would rate this scent life 7 out of 10.
Omnia Coral by Bvlgari:
Omnia Coral by Bvlgari 40ml | R805.00 
"The irresistible gemstone story adds a new colourful jewel fragrance to the collection with an uplifting and a lively personality.

The Coral fragrance is a cheerful and vibrant floral-fruity scent with radiant and joyful top notes of bergamot and goji berries. The heart is filled with tropical florals including hibiscus flower and water lily, whilst the dry down is voluptuous with notes of pomegranate and cedarwood." - The Perfume Shop

Notes:
♡ Heart notes -
Tropical Florals, Hibiscus Flower, Water Lily
♡ Top notes -
Bergamot, Goji Berries
♡ Base notes -
Pomegranate, Cedarwood

There's just something about this scent that screams sexy pants! I honestly have no idea what it is about this perfume, you guys. It's clean with a sweet tinge. I can definitely pick up the tropical floral notes in this perfume and the dry down smells really good too. 

If I could compare this scent to another perfume, it would definitely be Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne, which I love as well. My sister used to use Ultraviolet so it will always bring back memories of my sister still staying with my parents and before she got married and freaking deserted me!!!

This is a Eau de Toilette but honestly, you would never think it is because the scent is so potent and lingers on your clothing and hair for days. When I put this perfume on I can never smell it on my person but I tend to choke those around me with it's intoxicating scent. I would rate this scent life 9 out of 10.

Candy by Prada:
Candy by Prada 80ml | R1, 139.00
Correct me if I'm wrong on the price, please.
"Prada CANDY is instantly seductive—pure pleasure wrapped in impulsive charm. In an explosion of shocking pink and gold, Prada CANDY takes us on a walk on the wild side, showing us a new facet of Prada femininity where more is more and excess is everything. Magnified by white musks, noble benzoin comes together with a modern caramel accord to give the fragrance a truly unique signature." - Sephora

Notes:
♡ Heart notes -
Benzoin Overdose
♡ Top notes -
Musks Cocktail
♡ Base notes -
Caramel Explosion

Can you hear me crying about how little is in this bottle? On big occasions I always find myself wanting to wear this perfume because to me it reeks of sophistication with a playful twist.

How to explain the scent of Candy by Prada? Hmmm. The only thing that pops up is the scent of coconut covered marshmallows. Yes, it smells exactly like those marshmallows to me. So imagine a warm sweet and alluring scent. It's definitely not the usual sweet candy type of scent. Also, it smells good enough to eat but don't because it's disgusting, trust me.

Candy by Prada is definitely my favourite perfume of ALL time.

This is a Eau de Parfum so basically it's an oil based perfume and the scent does last a while and sometimes the scent lingers in my hair and scarfs. I would rate this scent life 10 out of 10.


Sidebar: I have NO idea how to describe perfume scents. A for effort, though? Thanks.

What's your favourite perfume? Let me know in the comments below :)

Until next time..
xx

6 comments:

  1. I've been lusting after both Candy and Pink Friday for ages, but have been stuck on a spending ban for ages because I want to use up some old perfumes. Two of my favourites perfumes are Hugo Boss Orange and Deep Red - they both just smell really fresh to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could recommend one of the two, I would definitely recommend Candy! It's SO yummy!!

      YES! Deep Red is amazing!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Now I HAVE to try Pink Friday! I'm always weary of celebrity fragrances as most tend to be too sweet for me. But this one sounds fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Pink Friday is totally different than other celebrity fragrances! A+ for Nicki :)

      Just try it out in store :) It's very Spring-ish.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. Nice review Naeema...I looooove pink friday by Nicky Minaj:)

    http://www.telmasimplelovesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, honeybun :)

      I love my PF too!

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram