Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera in Blue

Hi everyone,

I've been wanting a Fuji Instax Mini 7s for the longest time ever but I couldn't find an online store in South Africa that stocked it so you can imagine my excitement when I saw that Takealot sold it for a reasonable price! Takealot has a variety of Fuji Instax Polaroid cameras.

I chose the Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera in blue. The Mini 8 comes in 5 different shades, so you can choose between pastel colours or just keep it simple with black or white. White was my 3rd option lol. It's available in blue, pink, yellow, white and black. There are some limited editions ones but they're aren't available in South Africa.

Specifications:
♡ Instant Film:
Fujifilm Instant Color Film “instax mini”
♡ Picture size:
62 x 46mm
♡ Shooting range / Focusing range:
0.6m – 8
♡ Shutter speed:
1/60 sec
♡ Exposure control:
Manual switching system (LED indicator in exposure meter)
Effective flash range: 0.6m - 2.7 m
♡ Flash:
Constant firing flash (automatic light adjustment)
Recycle time: 0.2 sec. to 6 sec. (when using new batteries)
Effective flash range: 0.6m – 2.7 m
♡ Power Supply:
Two LR6/AA-size 1.5V alkaline batteries
♡ Capacity:
10 prints
♡ Others:
Exposure counter counts unexposed films, film pack confirmation window
♡ Dimensions and Weight:
116mm x 118.3mm x 68.2mm / 307g (without batteries, strap and film pack)
Specification taken from fujifilm.co.za.


The Mini 8 is so simple to operate. The button beside the lens switches the camera one. Once you press that button, the lens pops out and the sensor starts scanning the environment and suggests the best setting to use. 

The Mini 8 comes with 5 modes. The 5 modes includes;
♡ Indoors, Night F21.7
♡ Cloudy, Shade F16
♡ Sunny, Slightly Cloudy F22
♡ Sunny and Bright F32
And
♡ High Key, this gives the image a soft impression

The flash is continuous but it can be diffused a bit by adding a white strip of insulation tape over the flash or even a colour filter over the flash to give the image a unique effect.


The body of this camera is light and durable. It's plastic but not cheap plastic, it still feels very stable. It fits nicely in the hands and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. 

The only thing I am a bit disappointed about is the view finder. It's not on top of the lens so the shot doesn't come as accurate as you see it. 

My first few shots were horrendous! Some were out of focus and some were too dark and some were too light. I took a few of my nieces that came out really good and a few other random pictures. The quality of an image taken correctly is really good as well. I really didn't expect the quality to be that good.


Overall, I think this is a really fun toy to play with. It's affordable and so much better than other film cameras. The Mini 8 works out much cheaper than my Diana F because I don't have to go to a store to get my images developed and the Mini 8's film is cheaper than lomography film. I'm definitely enjoying this little camera.

What do you prefer? Digital or film?

Until next time..
xx

3 comments:

  1. IKR! Cute and practical :)

    Thanks for reading, Cassidy.

    N
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll buy one this month and I'm so excited :D

    http://thisenemyofmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram