Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Recipe: Vanilla and Oreo Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Hi everyone,

I love watching SORTED Food's channel. I mean, who doesn't like watching four adorably funny guys that's really good in the kitchen??

Over the weekend, I made their version of the Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes but instead of chocolate, I used vanilla cake mix. I came across a few different ways to make this but I think this version is the easiest.

Vanilla and Oreo Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes:
Ingredients:
♡ Vanilla Cake Mix (or you could make it from scratch but I'm basic so yah)
♡ Oreo Cookies
♡ Mini flat bottom Ice Cream Cones
♡ Toppings (I chose some colourful sprinkles)
♡ Frosting (After my buttercream flopped, I just used Ina Paarman's Icing Kit. It's awesome and affordable!)
♡ Food Colouring of your choice


Method:
Step 1:
Make the vanilla cake mix as per instructions on the box. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.

Step 2:
Crush Oreos and fill the bottom of the cone with the Oreo crumbs.

Step 3:
Spoon cake mixture into the cones, leaving the wider part of the cone unfilled.

Step 4:
Pop those suckers in the oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Once golden, set them aside to cool the eff down.

Step 5:
Prepare butter cream icing or Ina Paarman's Icing Kit. Whatever. Once cupcake cones are cool, pipe some frosting on the top of the cone.

Step 6:
Decorate that mofo!!

I decorated them differently and I like the swirling effect but I don't have the technique to pipe icing yet because I am quite basic.
This is perfect for kiddie parties or if you're into making silly things that might confuse people.

I only made 6 and used the rest of the batter to make normal cupcakes because no one in this house likes to eat the amazingly awesome things I make. Harumph.

If you try this out, don't forget to tweet me a picture :)

Until next time..
xx

4 comments:

  1. Woman!! Do you want me to unfollow you?! Ha-ha. These recipes (and gorgeously delicious images) give me cravings. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA *sobs* I'm sorry! What about cheat days, though? ;)

      Thank you so much!

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram