Shiny Pink Flower

Friday, August 15, 2014

Recipe: Chocolate Cake with Royal Dansk Cookies

Hi everyone,

Yes, yes..It's another recipe. Some of you might know that Royal Dansk sent me some yummy treats a few weeks ago. I visited Royal Dansk website to get more information about the brand but then I found some delicious dessert recipes!

Out of the many recipes that the website has to offer, I chose to make Chocolate Cake with Royal Dansk cookies because CHOCOLATE!

After messing up the recipe because like I said before, I'm not good at baking but I try, I managed to save it with more chocolate. That's why it wasn't posted on Thursday :( I'm sorry.

Chocolate Cake with Royal Dansk Cookies:
Ingredients:
♡ 7 oz good chocolate
♡ 6 oz unsalted butter
♡ 3.5 oz Royal Dansk Butter Cookies, coarsely crumbled
♡ 2.5 oz hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
♡ 2 oz macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (I used Almond nuts)
♡ 1.7 oz French nougat, coarsely chopped
♡ 1 tbl spoon maple syrup
♡ Pinch of salt


Method:
Step 1:
Chop up the chocolate into uniform pieces. Place in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, melt in a water bath (oven-proof bowl floating inside a large pot with water where you slowly heat up the water on the stove top, but do not let it boil, as the water should not splatter into the bowl) along with the butter. Stir the mixture frequently with a rubber spatula.

Step 2:
Once melted, fold the chocolate butter into the crumbled Royal Dansk Butter Cookies, chopped nuts and nougat and the syrup. Add a pinch of salt.

Step 3:
Pour the mixture into a mini loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.

Step 4:
Cut with a bread knife before serving and enjoy.

This cold chocolate cake tastes a lot like chocolate fudge to me. It will definitely please people with a sweet tooth. I would suggest cutting it into bite sized pieces because it is extremely sweet. If your mixture is a bit too buttery (like my 1st attempt) just melt another slab of chocolate in with the mixture. The textures in this cold chocolate cake is brilliant because their are different crunch levels in the mix.

Thank you Royal Dansk for sending me these yummy treats!

Get social with Royal Dasnk:
Facebook
Twitter
Website

Until next time..
xx

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram