Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Recipe: Basic Nachos with Spicy Guac

Hi everyone,

So after the response I got on my latest Instagram image, I thought I might as well do a blog post about it because I did already type the recipe out for a few people. I told my sister that I get good responses from the recipes I do on my blog and her reply was so simple but so true, she said: "Because people like food". Duh, Naeemah. Anyways, let's get started on the nachos.

I don't have step by step visuals for this recipe because I wasn't planning to actually do a post on this so I'm sorry but here's D12 getting down.
My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance, my salsa.
Basic Nachos with Spicy Guac:
Ingredients:
2 x Big packets of BBQ Big Korn Bites. I used the normal corn chip and the tortilla chip.
2 x Rounds of Plain Feta Cheese
250g Plain Chunky Cream Cheese
Large size bowl of Lettuce
Medium size bowl of Chopped Onions and Tomato
Large size bowl of grated Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese

Guacamole:
3 x Ripe Avocado Pears
1 x Round of Plain Feta Cheese
1 x Handful of Chopped Red Onions
1 x Teaspoon of Garlic (Crushed or Chunky)
Chilli Flakes (Add the amount you would like. Mine was a bit spicy)
30ml Lemon Juice

I didn't really use proper measurements when I made it. Like always, I just winged it lol. It's impossible to mess this up.

Method:
Step 1:
Place skinless Avocado Pears in a bowl and mash the crap out of them. Set the oven to grill mode at 110°C.

Step 2:
Once your Avocado Pears are mashed and has a chunky consistency, add Chopped Red Onions, Garlic, Plain Feta Cheese (crumble it in), Chilli Flakes and Lemon Juice. Once all ingredients are added, mash them up some more. The Lemon Juice is really good to preserve the greenness of the guac.

Step 3:
In a sauce pan on a medium heat, plop in some butter and brown the Onions a bit. Once Onions are browned, add the Tomatoes just to cook for a bit. Remove from sauce pan into a bowl. If you know of good salsa sauce then you could add that too when browning the Onions

Step 4 :
Layer the Big Korn Bites chips in a big oven-proof dish (round or square, it doesn't matter).

Step 5:
Ontop of the Big Korn Bites layer, add Onions and Tomato mix, Lettuce and the mixture of grated Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese. Make sure the cheese covers your Onion and Tomato mix and the Lettuce. The cheese creates like a protective layer.
Grill in the oven until cheese is melted and slightly golden. It melts really fast so make sure you watch it while it melts.
Once melted, remove from oven and set aside for a minute.

Step 6:
In the middle of the melted cheese layer, place the Guac and the Cream Cheese and crumble some Feta Cheese ontop of the Cream Cheese.

You can add some chicken or meat and beans ontop of the chips before adding the other layers just to make it more of a meal and not a snack. Other toppings can include Jalapenos, Peppadews, Olives, Salsa, Peppers, etc. You can go crazy with it. I don't think you can mess up Nachos just as long as you stick to the basics :).

Does anyone else remember when Canal Walk's Nu Metro Cinema used to sell Nachos?? Just me? Okay.

Until next time..
xx

4 comments:

  1. I need to eat this now. Yep, people love food. This picture pulled me from Facebook to your blog, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. GO! GO! GO! Such a simple recipe! I love that it only takes a few minutes to put together.

      Thank you :)

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram