Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: Hey Gorgeous Body Scrub + Body Butter

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I received a little package that contained a body scrub and body whipped mousse from Hey Gorgeous. Hey Gorgeous is a proudly South African beauty brand that makes all their delicious products with the highest quality organic and natural ingredients.

Okay, let's get into my review on these two products.

Cappuccino Body Scrub Bliss:

I love the occasional body scrub but I found myself using this scrub almost every second night in the shower. The scrub is very scruby, meaning it's a really hard scrub. Even though it is that scruby and hard on the skin, the essential oils inside this scrub makes up for it. It is kind of oily but once I got out of the shower, before drying off, I would rub all those oils in. It basically felt like I scrubbed and moisturised all at once. I think it's perfect for winter because I don't have to worry about moisturising after my shower. I can just put on my jammies and  jump into bed. The only think I dislike about this product is the scent. I'm not a lover of coffee and I prefer a sweeter scent. But other than that, I can't find anything else wrong with this product.

Did you know that coffee beans can temporarily get rid of cellulite because of the caffeine and antioxidants found in coffee? No? Yeah, me too. Also, Hey Gorgeous, are you trying to tell me something??? (JK...Or am I??? No seriously, JK)
According to Hey Gorgeous, the benefits of the caffeine include increased circulation and it helps to shift those pockets of cellulite. The oils will leave your skin soft, smooth and supple. And indeed it did leave my skin feeling ah-ma-zing!

Some of the yummy ingredients includes; Sugar, Ground Coffee Beans, Grapeseed, Apricot Kernel, Olive Oil, Jojoba and Essential Oils.

This retails for R110.00 for a 250g tub.


Choconut Body Butter:

If you know about Hey Gorgeous products, you know that all of their body butters and whipped mousses smells good enough to eat! And it's weird because it smells as if it's supposed to go in my mouth but it's for my outside body??? What sorcery is that???

This deliciously scented body butter is made with all natural and organic products which is a plus if you have sensitive skin like me. I think by now that most of you know that I suffer from seasonal eczema, so basically during Winter my skin starts to flare up. So this body butter came at the perfect time. I usually have eczema inside my elbows (does that make sense?) and when applying this body butter made it feel so much better because it has moisturising ingredients like Shea butter, Cacao butter, Coconut and Jojoba, which is good for sensitive and dry skin.

Even though this is a body butter, it doesn't leave any oiliness. It absorbed so quickly into my skin leaving it looking moisturised, glowing and smelling like a yummy baked good.

This retails for R175.00 for a 250g tub.


Get social with Hey Gorgeous:

Until next time...
xx

8 comments:

  1. Both products look positively delicious! I am such a sucker for body butter too, I would love to get my hands on this one. Great review hun
    x
    www.CKO-coolkidsonly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body butter was a shocker for me because it wasn't oily at all! Totally love that about it.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It smells yummy as well! :D

      Awesome blog!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to try Choconut! Your product shots look gorgeous by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing and so light on the skin!

      Thank you so much, honeybun :)

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram