Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Recipe: Vanilla Cupcakes with Marshmallow filling and Oreo Base

Hi everyone,

Last week Saturday, my niece and I baked some cupcakes. I honestly had no idea what I was doing and I hoped and prayed that whatever I was doing would have a good outcome otherwise my mother would play the "I told you so" card on me lol.

Anyways, the cupcakes came out good and my family enjoyed it (except my sister but whatever. idk). I've always been a fan of baking but I'm not really good at it lol. I try though.
My niece and I made a little concoction that involves chocolate chips, marshmallow and Oreos. Sounds yummy right? We basically just mixed err'thang together and came up with this.....

Vanilla Cupcakes with Marshmallow filling and Oreo Base:

Ingredients:
♡ Vanilla Muffin Mix 
♡ 12 Oreo Cookies
♡ 6 White Marshmallows, halved
♡ Chocolate Flavoured Drops
♡ Purple Glitter (Optional)


Method:
Step 1: 
Spray muffin tray with Spray n Cook and line with cupcake cases.

Step 2:
Fill cupcake cases with Oreo cookies.


Step 3:
Put white marshmallows sticky side down on the Oreos.
Tip: Spray the knife with some Spray n Cook before cutting the marshmallows. It just makes life a bit easier.


Step 4:
Make the vanilla muffin mix as per instructions on the box. Layer the muffin mix on the Oreo and marshmallow. Make sure it covers the Oreo and marshmallow completely. 
Some of mine weren't covered completely and the marshmallow basically oozed out of the cupcake.


Step 5:
Sprinkle chocolate chips onto each cupcake. Go apeshit, boo.


Step 6:
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Once done, set aside to cool and then decorate. Seeing that I was baking with my niece who loves sparkly things, she decided to sprinkle some purple glitter on each cupcake.


So seeing that this was just something that wasn't really planned, there were a few hiccups that I picked up. 
- Firstly, I used some pink marshmallows and the cupcakes had this strawberry taste which I thought didn't really go well with the Oreo cookie and chocolate chips. If I make this again, I will only use white marshmallows because it has a vanilla taste to it.
- Secondly, some of the marshmallows oozed out the sides that I didn't fill completely and the results was an empty center lol. Luckily not all of them were like that and some only failed (shew).
- Thirdly, don't think that the cupcake isn't baked completely because when you poke that knife or toothpick in the cupcake, it will come out looking like the cupcake isn't baked through but it is and it's just the moistness of the cupcake and marshmallow combined but I can assure that it was baked completely and when it cools down, the cupcake becomes solid and you're left with a sweet, yummy, gooey, marshmallowey center.

Voila...


If you decide to give this recipe a go, let me know :) I would love to see how yours turned out! 
Also, I will be doing an Oreo series of recipes because Oreo Cookies are amazing and they're gifts from Unicorns to mankind. Yay for that!

Unitl next time..
xx

6 comments:

  1. On my word this looks fantastic, well anything with Oreos is.

    Love how you told us what you would improve on. This sure looks like an exciting recipe.

    I see you are loving that external flash. I must still make my soft box been scouting pnp for boxes :) (mum thinks I am nuts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Oreo Cookies are freaking amazing!

      Trail and error ;)

      Hahahaha! My mum threw away my first one. Luckily my dad got me a box after I complained about what my mum done :( lol.

      Thanks for reading, A.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow def going to try this out!!! Step 5 - plan on doing just that haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you can never have too much chocolate? ;)

      Thanks for reading :)

      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... Looks amazing can't wait to try this receipt out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really yum and so easy :)

      If you try it out, let me know!

      Thanks for reading :D

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram