Shiny Pink Flower

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Recipe: Popcorn Marshmallow Bars

Hi everyone,

So this week, I threw together a few ingredients to come up with an odd recipe inspired by SORTED Food. This recipe, like all my other recipe posts, is hella easy to put together and it takes less than an hour! We all know that I cannot bake to save my life so no bake recipes are a plus for me.

Anyways, let's get to making Popcorn Marshmallow Bars! Yay!
Popcorn Marshmallow Bars:
Ingredients:
♡ Freshly popped popcorn
♡ Oreos
♡ Astros
♡ White marshmallows
♡ White chocolate (Optional)

I didn't add any quantities because I kind of just winged it and so should you! :D Yay for being spontaneous!
#YOLO #SWAG #CANTSTOPWONTSTOP #YAAAAASSSS


Method:
Step 1: 
Pop some corn. I used that popcorn bowl thingy that you just make popcorn with by putting it in the microwave for 2 minutes.


Step 2: 
Prepare your pot by coating the pot with Spray n Cook and add 2 table spoons of butter at a low heat. Once butter is melted, add white marshmallows and a tea spoon of vanilla essence. Keep an eye on the marshmallows because it melts really quick and it can burn really quick too.


Step 3:
While the marshmallows are melting, quickly mix the Oreo cookies, Astros and freshly popped popcorn.


Step 4:
Once marshmallows are melted, pour marshmallow fluff onto the Oreo cookies, Astros and popcorn mixture. Mix well. It will be a bit tough to mix but it comes together eventually.


Step 5:
Transfer into glass dish and with a slightly wet hand, pat the mixture down firmly.


Step 6: (Optional)
Melt some white chocolate and drizzle over popcorn marshmallow bars. Pop in the fridge for an hour and then slice it up into bars or squares.


Okay, I know what some of you might be thinking, "Ew, that's gross", well no, you shut up. Have you ever tasted popcorn and Astros??? No?? What is your life even, bro? Anyways, it tastes like popcorn and Astros on steroids. Even my mother liked it and she never likes the stuff I make lol.

SORTED Food used pretzels and M&Ms but unfortunately, the store I was at didn't have those ingredients.

If you decide to give this recipe a go, let me know :) I would love to see how yours turned out! 

Unitl next time..
xx

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Everyone needs this in their life, Mazeeda!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. My son would love this. I'm wondering as a mommy am I even allowed to help him make this?? I know he'd love me forever even more than he does now but shouldn't I be giving him veggies?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UHM YES!! You need to bribe him lol. Eating ALL his veggies equals a sweet snack afterwards ;)

      N
      xx

      Delete
    2. Problem solved. Shuks Naeema! one really happy 10 year old coming up

      Delete
  3. You are evil!! I thought you couldn't get better than popcorn and Astros!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, noooo. I'm not :( I'm just spreading the sweet love!
      Yeah, it is popcorn and Astros on steroids lol.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  4. I think I hate you. I NEED to try this. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS amazing! :D

      If you do try it out then let me know how it goes :)

      N
      xx

      Delete
  5. U have very yummy stuff on ur blog. I love it :) FOLLOW :)

    MY LOVELY BLOG FOR ALL UNICORNS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you give the recipes a try :)

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram