Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review: Lush Granny Takes a Dip Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, Lush South Africa got some yummy new products in and one of them was the gorgeous Granny Takes a Dip. I was extremely excited to get my hands on this bath bomb because I've read so many good reviews about it after it was launched on the Lush Kitchen. I needed to try it out for myself and ERMAGERD! It's flippen amazing!!!

Don't worry my South African lushies that's not near a Lush. It is available online so yay!

Granny Takes a Dip Bath Bomb:

What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
This ginger, pepper and lemon-scented bath bomb turns your water psychedelic and puts some colour in your life. Simply drop into a warm bath and watch as its fizzing centre dissolves into multi-coloured waters. Its spicy, citrusy scent will pep you up: lemon oil boosts the mood, while ginger and pepper are warming.

Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Citric Acid (Citric Acid), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Lauryl Betaine (Lauryl Betaine), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Black Pepper Oil (Piper nigrum), Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale), Perfume (Perfume), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral (*Citral), *Limonene (*Limonene), Colour 42090 (Colour 42090), Colour 45350 (Colour 45350), Colour 14700 (Colour 14700), Colour 45410 (Colour 45410), Colour 17200 (Colour 17200)


What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
The only thing I could think about while seeing this beauty in the tub was "Omg. Omg. Omg. Omg. YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!!" Inspired by anything and everything 1960s, I was mesmerized by the beauty of Granny Takes a Dip. It's more like Granny Takes Acid because the colours are so vivid and vibrant that it basically makes you feel like you're in some kind of cosmic world!

At R44.50, I was actually really pleased and shocked because this is probably the slowest fizzing bath bomb I've used. The first image I took of this bath bomb in the bath was at 01:13am and the last image was taken at 01:25am. Like what freaking sorcery is that??? The pink layer is the casing for the other three layers (blue, red and green) and that layer is the slow fizzer while the other layers fizzes really quick causing the bath bomb to leave an amazing colourful trail of bubbles. 


Granny Takes a Dip is the size of The Comforter bubble bar which is extremely HUGE and it can be cut and used in two separate bathing sessions. I was really surprised to see that it's only R44.50. I was prepared to pay over R50 for it but thank goodness I didn't have to!

Okay, coming to the scent. This bath bomb has a sweet yet spicy scent. I think the sweet scent is from the Gardenia and Lemon notes and the spiciness comes from the Pepper and Ginger notes. At first, the scent is very potent but it slowly fades away to a very subtle scent, which I liked because it kind of winds down while you wind down in the bath. I thought that was nice and I enjoyed the scent.


Granny Takes a Dip doesn't really have much moisturizing qualities but it isn't really drying either. It kind of had no affect on my skin and that was kind of disappointing. Something that can easily be fixed with a bath melt, though. 

I didn't see any stains on my body or the bath. There was almost no residue left in the bath after the water drained, which is always a plus because no one likes cleaning up that shit after a nice relaxing bath.


What would I pair this with?
♡ Bright Side bubble bar
♡ Floating Island bath melt
♡ Sexy Peel soap

Would I buy this bath bomb again?
YES!!!!!!!!!!! I won't even think twice lol. 

Until next time..
xx

4 comments:

  1. I love how the 5th picture looks like Granny farted rainbows!!
    I really need to get me some Lush products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA. I know, right. Granny is definitely a stunning bathbomb.

      YES YOU DO! :D

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL. I wish I could eat most of Lush products because it smells and looks so yummy!

      Thanks for reading :)

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram