Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Recipe: Slutty Brownies

Hi everyone,

If you're trying to keep off the winter weight, I suggest you exit out of this webpage, switch off your laptop and burn it. If you're not, then hiiiiiii, welcome to the SBC (Slutty Brownies Club). No, no, no, don't worry my dear friends. This isn't some dail 1 - 800 - blah blah for a good time. Friends, we're making some hardcore brownies.
Let's bake some shizz.
This is the most easiest recipe and it will WOW friends and families because uh, how can you go wrong with choc chip cookies, Oreos and brownies??

You could make the choc chip cookie layer and the brownie layer from scratch oooor you could cheat like I did and buy the box mixes in store.

I got all these items from Pick n Pay.
I used Snowflake's Creations Chocolate Brownie mix as the top layer, Oreo Original cookie in the middle and InaPaarman Kitchen's Choc Chip Cookie mix as the bottom layer.

Step 1:
Make the chocolate brownie mix and choc chip cookie mix as per instructions on the box. If you are going to be using the InPaarman's Choc Chip Cookie mix then skip the step where the instructions says that you should keep aside 10ml of the cookie mix. Don't forget to preheat your oven at 170°.

Step 2:
Now for the layers, once you completed mixing all the batters it's time to assemble!
Make sure you line the oven dish in parchment paper and grease the parchment paper with either Spray n Cook or butter. I used butter, it was messy but it worked out just as fine as Spray n Cook.

Step 3:
Layer the cookie dough by pressing it firmly down onto the parchment paper. It can be a thin layer because the cookie dough does spread and rise a bit while it's baking.

This was really fun :D Try to make the corners as square as possible because this is the base of the brownie.
Step 3:
Layer the Oreo cookies for the middle of the Slutty Brownie. The cookies don't fit perfectly on the sides so I cut the cookies in half and squeezed them on the edges.

Or-reeee-o. Or-reeee-o. Or-reeee-o. Or-reeee-o. Or-reeee-o. Or-reeee-o. 
Step 4:
Layer the brownie mix on top of the Oreos.  This was probably the hardest part of the assemble because the mix I used was very stiff and sticky. When I tried spreading it across the dish, it kept taking the Oreos with it and I was like "WTF, why are you making this so hard???". Tiny tip, grease the spatula or spoon you will be using for distributing the brownie mix across the dish.

I probably spent 30 minutes trying to spread this -_-
Step 5:
Pop it in the oven for 45 minutes on 170° and prepare to be wowed!

It starts getting a bit bumpy but once it cools off it goes down.
Step 6:
After 45 minutes, check your brownies with a toothpick or knife and if it comes back clean, take it out of the oven and allow to cool. Now is the time to make the chocolate fondant with the provided fondant ingredients that the brownie mix includes in the box. It came with baking chocolate and icing sugar. I made the fondant as per instructions on the box. I just melted the chocolate and then added the icing sugar mixture and mixed it until I got a smooth fondant.

Hmmm. Dat chocolate fondant, doe.
Step 7:
Once the sluts are cooled down, I cut them into squares and drizzled the chocolate on top of each square.

Before
After
And voila friends, that is how you make slutty brownies lol. There's not much too it. It took me about 2.5 hours to complete it but I'm such a pathetic excuse for a female because I spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out how much 125g will be if I convert it to ml, so yah.

You don't have to make the chocolate fondant drizzle but it came with the mix and I didn't want to waste it.
It tastes like  the tears of a unicorn.
If you decide to try this out then let me know how it turned out :) Tweet me or Instagram a picture of it and tag me. I would LOVE to see it.

Until next time..
xx

14 comments:

  1. I hate you and yet, love you all at the same time. BRING ON THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!! (thats when I shall be making me some slutty brownies)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It's the perfect winter spoil, though. With some yummy tea, hmmmm.

      Lemme know how it turns out :D

      Thanks for reading, Lauren.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Um ok...so you came over last night with freaking fancy tea which I don't drink and didn't bring this with. Wth man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ermahgerd! You chased me away! So I was sad and made brownies!

      I made this afterward I left your house man. Will bring you some later.

      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. "Once the sluts are cooled down" This line MAKES me want to make this.... Just so that I can instruct someone to wait until the sluts are cooled down...

    I am making this soon. You are evil but thank you!!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I spoke to myself (like I was on a cooking show) and I said that and I laughed myself silly lol.

      Please do!! It's so easy and it tastes SO good.

      Lemme know how it turns out :)

      *hugs back at ya!*

      N
      xx

      Delete
  4. These look like The Londoner's Brownies - http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/06/slutty-brownies.html :-)

    Still need to make these, my hubby would kill me if he found out how long I've known about a recipe like this and not made them for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're "her" brownies because they are actually a thing, if you know what I mean :)

      He should kill you :) It's the yummiest thing ever!

      N
      xx

      Delete
  5. OH MY GAH BECCI! Dankie Namzie! There goes my diet!!! *insert fake angry face here*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm sorry but it will be worth it ;)

      And uh, diet?? WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU ON A DIET???

      Lemme know how it turns out :)

      N
      xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Is that a good yor? or a bad yor? lol.

      Thanks for reading Rashy :)

      N
      xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my freaking word, would love to try this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so simple and so yummy, Nadia.

      You NEED to try it out. If you do lemme know how it goes :)

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram