Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, May 26, 2014

Review: Rain African Tree Mist

Hi everyone,

The lovely people over at Rain Africa sent me 2 of their amazing Rain African Tree Mists to try out. I must say that I am absolutely loving the Black Bark tree mist. It is so refreshing on a gloomy day!

But what are Tree Mists???


"From a rare forest flourishing in the harsh dune environment of Africa’s southern coast come the therapeutic essences of ancient, healing trees.

The air-borne aromatics emitted by trees have been the subject of much recent scientific study, and there is growing evidence of their therapeutic and invigorating effects, including significantly boosting the immune system.

Rain’s Tree Mists capture these subtle fragrances and bring the healing power of the forest to your home, your workspace and to your skin.

Essences from the following trees, from the Platbos forest near Gansbaai in the Western Cape of South Africa, are used in the Tree Mists range, blended with carefully-selected essential oils."
source: Rain Africa


There are various scents to suit everyone's preference. 
Scents include;
♡ Black Bark (Diospyros whyteana) ♡ Hard Pear (Olinia ventosa) ♡ Milkwood (Sideroxylon inerme) ♡ Saffronwood (Cassine peragua)
♡ White Pear (Apodytes dimidiata) ♡ Umvumvu (Celtis africana) ♡ Bush Olive (Olea africana) ♡ Wild Peach (Kiggelaria africana)

I took my Black Bark tree mist with on holiday recently and it was so refreshing to spray some mist on my face because the drive to St Helena Bay was kind of long. It doesn't leave any stickiness on the face and it really lifted my spirits because it is seriously so refreshing.

Scent:
Black Bark smells like citrus mixed with jasmine but the citrus scent is very dominant. You can smell a hint of the Cape Malva scent and I think that's where the citrus smell comes from.
Bush Olive smells very earthy with a hint of mint. I prefer the Black Bark scent way more than the Bush Olive.


Ingredients:
Black Bark (Diospyros whyteana)* – blended with essential oils of Boswellia carterii (frankincense), Artemisia afra (wilde als)*, Pelargonium graveolens (Cape malva )* and Jasminum officinale (jasmine).
Bush Olive (Olea africana)* – blended with essential oils of Rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary)*, Eriocephalus pantulatus (Cape chamomile)* and Commiphora myrrha (myrrh).


Texture:
Black Bark and Bush Olive has a very light weight texture of the skin. It doesn't leave any sticky residue on the face and it soaks in the skin without any gross feeling.

Packaging:
I absolutely LOVE the packaging of the tree mists simply because it is simple. It's very earthy and clean and it represents the Rain Africa brand perfectly! I love the fact that it's a tube like bottle because it's so convenient to just pop in my handbag. The spritz mechanism makes it easy for application and it distributes evenly on my face. It also comes in a cute beige baggy.


Price:
R125.00 per tree mist.
For a 10ml, I do think it's a bit pricey but eh, that's just my opinion.

Overall, I love this product for travelling far distances or if you need a quick refresher!


Did you know that Rain Africa promises;
♡ no parabens
♡ no petroleum jelly
♡ no mineral oil
♡ no liquid paraffin
♡ no petrochemicals
♡ no animal testing
♡ no child labour

Connect with Rain Africa:
Facebook: /Rain Africa
Twitter: @rain_africa
Website: Rain Africa

Until next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. I just finished my Bush Olive mist and I am so sad :( The scent reminded me of the Knysna forest. I can't wait to try more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Yes! It does give off an earthy vibe!

      Thanks for reading.

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram