Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review: Lush Sakura Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

Lush recently launched a few new products and it's already available online (yay!) for those not close to a Lush store! The are 5 brand new products (some are old to other countries Lush) and then 4 products that has been relaunched as Self-preserving products.

I love that Lush South Africa is finally getting some items that other Lush stores have as permanent products. So whoohoo for Lush South Africa!!

I only picked up two of the new products because I have way too many solid lotions / massage bars and I don't have much interest for Lush body conditioners (they smell amazing but I don't think that I would use it as often as I should). On my next visit, I'm definitely going to pick up Sandstone soap. I tried it out in store and AH! it made my skin feel so soft.

Sakura Bath Bomb:
Sakura | R44.50 
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
A refreshing floral dip into springtime
When the blossoms burst forth in spring, it’s a tradition to take a picnic and bottle of sake and enjoy the beauty. Noriko, one of our product inventors, hails from Japan and this beautiful Bath Bomb represents what it’s like to be in a park while the breeze blows through the blossoms in the trees. Instead of heading to the park, lay back in serene waters while the gorgeous scents of mimosa and jasmine envelop you to give you the joyful feeling of springtime. Sakura: simple, elegant, and endearingly beautiful bathing.


Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora) , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Citral , *Limonene , FD&C Red No. 4 , FD&C Blue No. 1

Featured Ingredient:
Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora)


What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
I had a lot of high hopes for this bath bomb but it seems as if Sakura is just really pretty on the outside but in the bath, it's kind of plain and un-Lush like. I kind of like the scent but it wasn't really what I thought it would smell like. The scent is very clean and fresh, very different to the Lush scents I'm normally drawn to (sweet, spicy, certain floral scents). Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this scent. It smells a lot like Rub Rub Rub shower scrub. I expected the scent to be way more stronger but it wasn't.

I liked the fact that this bath bomb doesn't really leave much residue but it's still moisturizing for the skin. Well, it's not as moisturizing as Butterball but it doesn't dry out my skin and I have really sensitive that can flare up and go batshit crazy. It's safe to say that it doesn't dry out my skin but doesn't give the best moisture either.

If you know Lush bath bombs, you would know that most of them have cute fun things either hidden inside or confetti or bright colours spewing out of the bath bomb. You know that fun shit happens as soon as you drop it inside the bath. But Sakura was kind of anti-climatic. I was waiting for something awesome to happen but eh, nothing. It is a solid bath bomb (nothing fancy in the middle) so it fizzes really quickly. It probably fizzes for like a minute and a bit. I really like the way Sakura looks before it's in the bath, though. Like how freaking gorgeous is that blue and pink accents??

If you want to impress someone with a Lush bath bomb, this is definitely not the bath bomb to use. It's kind of plain. However, as plain as it is, I did actually enjoy it. I'm sure if I had to make a bath cocktail with a bath melt and bubble bar then this bath bomb wouldn't be as lame as I'm making it sound lol.

I honestly think that an older crowd (I mean like 30s + and not old as in old but older than me -_-) would really enjoy this bath bomb because it is a bit on the mature side of Lush bath bombs. But that's just my opinion :)




Would I purchase this again?
Uhm...I like it but I don't like it. It won't be restocked in my Lush stash. 
Maybe if I have some extra cash then I would.

What are your thoughts on Sakura? 

Until next time..
xx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this recently from lush! my opinion is basically the same as yours its rather plain:/ however i do like how your skin feels afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My most favourite bath bomb EVER! The smell is beautiful and makes you feel so relaxed. My skin feels so soft and smells fragrant after. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram