Shiny Pink Flower

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review: Lush Sunny Side Bubble Bar

Hi everyone,

A day ago I was asked by one of my fellow bloggers, The Sparkling Labyrinth, if I tried Sunny Side Bubble Bar. I received one when I purchased the Sweetie Pie gift box and last night, I finally tried Sunny Side Bubble Bar after having it for a few months already.

Sunny Side Bubble Bar:
Sunny Side Bubble Bar | R48.50
What Lush has to say about this bubble bar:
A ray of shimmering sunshine with festive tangerine oil.
Sparkly golden bar with citrus scents to bring you sunshine. If you've had a bad night full of disappointing dreams and wake up feeling a bit glum, pop one of these in the bath. Even as you crumble it under the running water, you’ll start to feel better. Maybe it’s because citrus fruits only grow in warm, sunny places that their scents make us feel like smiling again. Sunny Side’s orange, tangerine and lemon help to get us through the day, however badly it started. It’ll turn your life sunny side up.

Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Golden Lustre Sparkle (Golden Lustre Sparkle), Lauryl Betaine (Lauryl Betaine), Cocamide DEA (Cocamide DEA), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), *Citral (*Citral), *Geraniol (*Geraniol), *Limonene (*Limonene), *Linalool (*Linalool), *Hydroxycitronellal (*Hydroxycitronellal), Perfume (Perfume), Red Golden Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate)
* Occurs naturally in essential oils

How pretty is that?
Featured Ingredient:
Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum)

What The Jam Jar has to say about this bubble bar:
I think this is the only bubble bar from Lush that I really like. The scent isn't that potent, I pick up a very subtle citrusy scent. The scent doesn't really affect the fragrance of the water because it's that subtle.

I cut my Sunny Side bubble bar in half because I just feel it's kind of a waste to use the entire thing. The half I cut is basically the same size I would break off when using The Comforter bubble bar. Like all Lush bubble bars, I'm always disappointed at the life span of the bubbles. It creates A LOT of bubbles but it just disappears way too quickly. The only way to keep the bubbles from not disappearing is to agitate the bubbles every now and then.

I got extremely excited when the bubbles started faded because then I saw this amazing visual of millions of gold lustres floating around in my bath. It looked almost holographic. I honestly just sat there in the corner of my bath watching the lustres float around for 20 minutes straight because it looks so pretty! It looked like a Unicorn threw up in my bath, you guys. The water looked amazing! But the aftermath was a real pain. Try getting millions of gold lustre out of your bath without trying to lose your composure.

The bubble bar doesn't really make the water soft but it does put on a pretty visual that's really calming to watch. I was really fascinated by this bubble bar because it looked so beautiful in my bath.

Splash, splash
Gorgeous! 
I wish my camera could pick up exactly how my bath looked :(
FML!
Would I purchase this again?
Yes.

Have you tried Sunny Side before? What are your thoughts about it?
Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I have used the Sunny Side Bar and its the bomb... Its my daughters fave of the bunch.. This post is making me run to Lush and buy some more lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sunny Side but the aftermath is so terrible!

      Haha, make sure you pick up some of their new products :)

      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram