Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Lush Honey Bee Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

I popped into Lush Cavendish hoping that they would have their Easter and Mother's Day collection in already but meh, they didn't :( I was kind of bummed however, I did pick up some bath bombs and soap (for my daddy lol)

I've picked up and sniffed Honey Bee probably a 1000 times but I never end up taking it. It's not the prettiest of bath bombs but the smell is BEAUTIFUL!

Honey Bee:
Honey Bee Bath Bomb |  R42.50
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
Warming honey-toffee hugs for a soothing soak and soft skin
What’s all the buzz about our glorious, best-selling toffee-scented globe? It could be the addictive scent of honey and toffee with mood lifting sweet orange oil. Or, it could be the Moroccan Rhassoul mud to gently deep cleanse and soften your skin. Perhaps it’s the calming aloe vera that makes the bath water silky soft. Maybe it has something to do with all of the skin soothing honey we pack into each Bath Bomb to soften you up and keep your skin moisturized. The only way to find out is to try one.

This bath bomb smells amazing!
Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Rhassoul Mud , Honey (Mel) , Fragrance , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Limonene

Featured Ingredient:
Rhassoul Mud

What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
This yellow ball of sunshine doesn't create a pretty spectrum of colours in the tub but it sure does an amazing job at relaxing the body and the mind.

It's a semi-slow fizzing bath bomb that leaves the bathroom smelling of sweet toffee and cake mixed with a subtle citrusy scent. The scent is very strong so I would advise sensitive noses to stay away from the bath bomb because it might cause irritation. It smells NOTHING like pure honey. It smells amazing!

Even though I could clearly see the essential oils, my tub had almost no residue and it didn't stain my nails either. Just a quick wipe cleaned up all the residue, which is a plus!

Honey Bee is extremely good for irritated skin because it soothes and calms any type of skin irritation. I have eczema and it didn't even flare up so yay!

One thing I didn't like about this bath bomb is that it's a bit sandy. I think that the rhassoul mud doesn't dissolve completely then you're left with a sandy bottom (lol. Bottom). It's not a train smash but it feels a bit uncomfortable. After a while it does dissolve completely.

It makes your water look like wee :') lol.
Would I purchase this again?
Yes, ma'am.

Have you tried Honey Bee before? What are your thoughts about it?
Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time..

xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm looking forward to try this one out!

    www.socialmediablooms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look pretty but it is amazing! I really enjoyed it. I paired it with the Creamy Candy bubble bar :)

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Not the comment you wanna read but I really wanted to try it out... Until someone said it looked like pee left in a tub :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it does look like pee and I'm not even going to lie about that. But you should seriously try it out for yourself. It smells SO yummy and it left my skin feeling amazing.

      I am definitely going to purchase it again!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram