Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Lush Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Dragon's Egg and I was pretty excited to use it. I don't know why but I always gave it a miss when visiting Lush. I like things that are visually appealing and this bath bomb looks very plain and simple.

I've seen a ton of reviews about Dragon's Egg but I still never had the urge to buy it. It looked pretty but eh, I don't know -_-

Dragon's Egg:
Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb| R44.50
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
Citrus sherbet-scented fizzy firecracker
Unleash fire and bathe in a whirlpool of magnificently vibrant, sizzling color and a spectacular explosion of sights, sounds, and scents. Inhale the refreshing sherbet-y citrus scent of lemon and bergamot; you'll feel like you're up and away on the back of your own dragon. This mystical Bath Bomb fizzles, crackles, curls, and ends with a glitter explosion. Citrus oils are known for their invigorating effect on the mind, and Dragon's Egg is no exception! Drop one of these into the bath for a serious wake-up call on groggy mornings, or before an evening out.

Foamy bubbles.
Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Citric Acid (Citric Acid), Perfume (Perfume), Popping Candy, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Bergamot Oil (Citrus aurantium bergamia), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Water (Aqua), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Propylene Glycol (Propylene Glycol), Lauryl Betaine (Lauryl Betaine), *Citral (*Citral), *Limonene (*Limonene), *Linalool (*Linalool), Gold Lustre, Radiant Gold Lustre, Colour 15510 (Colour 15510), Colour 17200 (Colour 17200), Colour 14700 (Colour 14700), Colour 45410 (Colour 45410), Rice Paper (Rice Paper) 

Featured Ingredient:
Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) 

What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
The first thing that came to mind while watching this bath bomb do its thang in my tub was fluffy! The amount of foam this bath bomb produces is amazing! And the foam isn't just for show. The foam is like a soft cloud like layer over the water and when you get in, it hugs your body and clears your mind with it's citrusy scent. I wasn't too keen on this bath bomb because I don't really like citrus scented products but oh boy was I wrong about this bath bomb.

I like the fact that it's all white and then this beautiful gold sparkly glitter comes shooting out of the sides of the bath bomb creating a beautiful visual. I have to admit that I thought this bath bomb was going to be kind of boring but again, I was wrong!

One thing I didn't like and don't really understand about this bath bomb is the confetti. Once it hits the water, it starts getting all slimy and kind of serves no purpose because the colour starts fading and then it starts looking like floating pieces of snot. It looks cute peaking out of the bath bomb and all but after a while it doesn't -_-

Dragon's Egg turns the bath water a pretty golden colour. It looked kind of gross in my black bath but in the white bath it looks pretty!

Overall, I like this bath bomb. It really soothes the mind and calms the soul (lol. what am I saying???).

It was like magic!!
What a gorgeous golden colour??
Would I purchase this again?
Yes, I would!

Have you tried Dragon's Egg before? What are your thoughts about it?
Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time..
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram