Shiny Pink Flower

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Review: Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain™ in 005 Crush

Hi everyone,

My blogger bestie, City Girl Vibe, shared some of her birthday goodies with me last week Saturday when we went to the Design Indaba. Sweet, hey?? She gave me the most amazing Balm Stain EVER! I am smitten with this Balm Stain, you guys.

I really loved the first Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm that came out but it got discontinued for some odd reason. However, Revlon came out with something way better! The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain™ :D

Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain™ in 005 Crush
What Revlon has to say about this Balm Stain:
- Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour.
- The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
- Lightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm
- 100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color
- Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required

This colour is a dark plum / ox blood kind of colour.
What The Jam Jar has to say about this Balm Stain:
I've been wearing this for 2 weeks now and I'm OBSESSED. It's definitely long-lasting and highly pigmented. I always had a thing for plumy lip products and this colour is perfect!

- Packaging:
The colour of the balm stain is a similar colour to the container. It has silver writing on it and the twist mechanism is silver as well. It's pretty yet simple. I love the fact that it has a twist mechanism because having to sharpen lip crayons are always such a shlep and sometimes the edges of the crayon can hurt your lips. It's hassle free and easy to apply.

- Formula:
The formula of this balm stain is AH-MA-ZING! It's lightweight and moisturizing. There are tiny golden shimmers in the formula but it doesn't transfer on your lips, which is a great plus for me because I hate lip products with shimmer or glitter. Like I'm not 10 years old anymore -_-

- Pigment:
The pigmentation for this balm stain is gorgeous! You can use it as a sheer washed out colour or a dark bold colour. I love the fact that it's buildable. Sometimes I don't want to do a dark lip but I want a wash of colour that won't fade after the first 30 minutes after application. The fact that it stays on for so long is another plus! I've been wearing this for my job at the Baxter and WOW! I fell inlove with it after my first shift. I apply it just before I leave the house, which is around 6:45pm and by the time I come home, which is between 10:30pm and 11:00pm and my lips still look amazing! The gloss fades a bit but the colour still looks fresh and it leaves your lips looking healthy. Most Matt Lip Stains can leave your lips looking dry but definitely not this Balm Stain!

Swatchy - Swatchy
Handchain from Vintage and The City.
- Scent:
I'm glad that this isn't a yucky artificial fruity smell because I dislike that kind of smells. I was pleasantly surprised that it has a fresh minty scent. When I applied it, my lips started tingling and the peppermint scent isn't that strong, it's very subtle and fades after a while.

 Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain™ in 005 Crush
- Price:
I'm not sure if the price is the same everywhere but on Red Square online, it retails for R120.

- Availability:
Selected pharmacies, online stores and department stores.

Would I purchase it again?
YES!

Overall, I love this product. I don't think I can find anything wrong with this balm stain :D

Have you tried this balm stain before? If so, then let me know in the comments below how you found it :)

Connect with Revlon South Africa:
Facebook: Revlon South Africa
Twitter: Revlon SA
Instagram: RevlonSA

Until Next Time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. My favourite lip products in the world at the moment. I have about 5 colours and they're perfect for everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I love that it's so long lasting!

      Definitely one of my favourites too!

      Thanks for reading!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram