Shiny Pink Flower

Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Lip Care Routine + Review

Hi everyone,

I think it is so important to look after your lips because it's like the first thing people see when they look at you. Imagine coming up to someone and they have crusty ass lips, what would your reaction be?? Yeah -__-

My routine takes less than 5 minutes to do and the fact that it's really effective makes it even better.
In my routine, I only use two products and a toothbrush to get amazingly soft and healthy lips.

My lip care routine:
eos lip balm in Sweet Mint R43.47 | Lush lip scrub in Mint Julips R95.00

Step 1: 
Twice a week I will scrub my lips with the lip scrub using a toothbrush. It will usually be on a Sunday and then a Thursday. On the other days, I will use my finger to lightly exfoliate my lips.

Step 2: 
I will apply a thick layer of my favourite lip balm, which is my eos lip balm in Sweet Mint.

And that's it! Yes! It is that simply :D Two incredibly easy steps to get amazing lips. It leaves my lips feeling fresh, soft and smelling yummy!

Let's talk about the products I used.

Lush lip scrub in Mint Julips:
Excuse the messy container. It was purchased last year sometime.
What Lush has to say about this lip scrub:
Mint-chocolate pout polish
Just like the scrumptious cocktail served in hot southern summers, Mint Julips is packed full of fresh peppermint and sweet castor sugar. Peppermint is responsible for that ‘tingly feeling’ you get after brushing your teeth or using lip balm, so we thought it would make a perfect addition to our lip scrub! Plus, it makes Mint Julips tastes like a big, creamy bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Yummy!
Ingredients: 
Castor Sugar , Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , *Limonene , Flavor

Featured Ingredient:
Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia) 

What The Jam Jar has to say about this lip scrub:
I wasn't going to purchase this lip scrub but my mother decided that she would pick it up for herself and after using it for a week, she fell inlove with it. Sooo, I decided to "borrow" it from my mother and ever since then I can see why she fell inlove with it. 

Lush Mint Julips lip scrub is gentle on the lips and the scent is gentle on the nose as well. I really like this lip scrub because it's gentle for daily usage. The castor sugar is quite fine so it's not that harsh on the lips. I do a light exfoliation on the days I don't use it with a toothbrush. The daily usage keeps my lips crust free because I tend to lick my lips constantly.

The one thing that I kind of dislike about this lip scrub (and I would probably dislike it with all sugar based lip scrubs) is that it is very sticky. It's not like a big thing but it gets a bit annoying.

Would I purchase this again?
Yes!

eos lip balm in Sweet Mint:
You can purchase eos lip balms on My Pretty Face Place.
What eos has to say about this lip balm:
Smooth on the refreshing essence of sweet mint and give your lips the moisture they crave.
eos lip balm in Sweet Mint is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

♡ Long-lasting moisture ♡ Shea butter & vitamin E ♡ Smoothes on clear ♡ Precisely glides on lips
♡ Paraben-frees ♡ Petrolatum-free ♡ Twist-off top ♡ Gluten-free
♡ 0.25 oz ♡ Phthalate-free

Ingredients: 
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Limonene**, Linalool**. *Organic. **Component of Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.

Again, excuse the messy container lol.
What The Jam Jar has to say about this lip balm:
The first time I saw eos lip balms was in a video tutorial by Michelle Phan. I was smitten by this adorable cute lip balm! Last year sometime, my bestie got me 4 eos lip balms from his NYC trip and I bought a few online from My Pretty Face Place (for a very reasonable price).

It's definitely one of the most moisturizing lip balms I've ever used. It doesn't make my lips glossy, which I really like. It creates a matt surface to apply lipstick with ease. My lips feels moisturized for the longest time EVER! The Sweet Mint scented eos leaves my lips feeling fresh and tingly. The scent isn't too heavy, it very light and subtle. Sweet Mint is one of my favourite scents of the eos lip balm range.

I think the only thing I dislike about this lip balm is that you can't really put it in your shirt pocket or jeans because uuhh yah, it's going to look weird. Other than that, all eos lip balms are AH-MA-ZING!

Would I purchase this again?
HELLZ YEAH!

I like pairing the same scents so this combo works perfectly together!
I can assure you with a similar lip routine, your lips can be as poppin' as mine :P lol. Oh gosh, that was lame.


Do you have any lip care recommendations?
Let me know in the comments below :)

Until next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. greate and informatic site for beautitips.
    for more info visit http://gforgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. when would be updating again? starting to really love your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram