Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Lush Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb

Hi everyone,

I went out with my bestie for a girls day out and I told myself that I won't go into Lush and buy more beauty and bath products. That never happened. I'm sure you all know that before you even go near a Lush store, you can smell that yummy Lush aroma and the smell like grabs you by the nose and lures to the store.

Before leaving I decided to go into Lush just because then I will be forced not to stay as long in the store as I usually do. As I approached the bath bomb section, I noticed something familiar but unfamiliar to the store. I spazzed out and ran to the bath bomb and grabbed it and then I started frantically telling my bestie about this particular bath bomb that I have been wanting for the longest time ever but I've never seen it in South Africa.

LUSH SOUTH AFRICA FINALLY HAS PHOENIX RISING!!!!
I was dancing like this in the store!
I'm not even kidding, you guys. 
I told one of the Lushies about how long I've waited for this bath bomb to come to South Africa and she got so excited with me that she done a demo in the store. She called everyone and told them to gather around because she is going to demo it it the store for the very first time. It was so exciting!


Phoenix Rising:
Bath Melt + Bomb Bomb | R45.50
What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
A mystical, shimmering purple and green layered ballistic that rises in the water on a cloud of exotic spice fragrance.
When your skin is feeling over-cooked and in desperate need of hydration, Phoenix Rising’s blend of cocoa and shea butters will have you rising out of the bath with soft, luscious skin. Its rich, cinnamon fragrance will also lift your mood if you’re feeling out of sorts.

Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Icing Sugar, Cocoa Butter, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Cassia Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 77891, Colour 77491, Colour 77510, Frosty Holly Lustre, Gold Lustre, Cinnamon Stick
*occurs naturally in essential oils

Featured Ingredient:
Cinnamon Stick

What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
Phoenix Rising was everything that I expected and more! This is definitely my favourite bath bomb because it looks amazing and it's amazing in the bath as well. Phoenix Rising consists of two parts; a bath melt that has some bubble bar mix and a bath ballistic. The bath bomb drops to the bottom and melts and forms a bit and then it rises with the green bath bomb peeking out that has beautiful gold lustre bits oozing out of it.

The scent of this bath bomb is actually one of my favourite scents. I absolutely love the smell of a fireball and this bath bomb smells exactly like that! It smells of cinnamon and woodsy yumminess! I think this bath bomb is perfect for the winter time because the scent is a very warm scent and the bath bomb is filled with gorgeous oils like organic Jojoba oil and Shea butter, which is good for moisturizing the skin. The oils coats your body making you feel soft and relaxed and ready for a good nights sleep.

This bath bomb did stain my nails a bit but it washed off the next day. I'm not sure how it will be in a white tub but I've read lots of reviews about it and some people did experience some tub stains.

I highly suggest that you pick up this bath bomb if you are needing a good pick me up because the scent really clears your mind and the soft water hugs your body making everything feel alright :)

A closer look at how beautiful this gem is :D

It looks so freaking pretty!
I absolutely love the dark purple!
Would I purchase this again?
HECK YES!!!! I WOULDN'T EVEN THINK TWICE!

Let me know if you picked up this incredible bath bomb and how you found it :)

Until next time..
xx

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It definitely is, Laura! This bath bomb is perfect for those cold chilly winter nights!

      Please go out and get one or two or a few :D lol. I'm sure you will love it just as much as I do!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. don't judge me, I've never been into a Lush store but all you lovely beauty bloggers are making me want to...
    This sounds fantastic but I'm worried about staining my white tub :(
    xo
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so judging you right now :P lol.

      I really suggest you visit the store, even if you're not willing to buy anything on your first visit.
      The Lush store assistants are so helpful and friendly that they won't mind sampling products on you in store and they will pick out products to suits your beauty needs.
      Also, they might give you some samples to take home as well :D

      It might stain your tub but not permanently. You will have to scrub it down probably lol.

      Thank you for reading :)

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. I just love Lush! Thanx for a great review, love the clear pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I would spend all my money on Lush products if I could lol.

      Thank you so much for reading, Victoria :)

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  4. I NEED TO TRY THIS ASAP :) (sorry about the capslock - I just get excited when I read a Lush review) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Minky! You NEED to. It's amazing!

      Phoenix Rising is such a gorgeous bath bomb, iYOH!

      Thanks for reading!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram