Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: Lush Valentine's Collection

Hi everyone,

Soooo, Lush South Africa's Valentine's Collection has officially hit our Lush stores! YAY!
I would've love to get the Lots of Love box but unfortunately, they didn't receive that box.

I went through all Kim K's ugly cries when I heard the bad news :(
I did pick up a few things from the collection (and by a few I mean two lol) and one of my favourite bathbombs, Space Girl.

Prince Charming Shower Gel (From R75.00) | Tender is the Night Massage Bar (R95.00) | Close to You Massage Bar (R85.00)
Love Locket Bathbomb (R95.00) | The Kiss Lipgloss (85.00) | Neon Love Soap
The collection consists of six limited edition products and three adorably wrapped gift sets. In this collection Lush has included a shower gel, two massage bars and one MASSIVE bath bomb. Unfortunately, Lush South Africa only carries the shower gel, the massages bars, the bathbomb and two of the gift boxes. Even though the soap isn't available to buy on it's own, you can find it in two of the gift boxes (Toucan Love and Neon Love).

I picked up the Prince Charming shower gel and the beautiful Love Locket bath bomb.
I asked the ever so sweet Luke to keep aside a medium bottle for me but when I smelt I didn't like fall inlove with it. I really liked the smell but I didn't like it enough to buy a bigger one.

Fall inlove with Lush this Valentine's Day, boo.
Prince Charming Shower Gel:

What Lush has to say about this shower gel:
Fresh pomegranate and marshmallow wash...
Lather up in our brand new, limited edition shower gel! Fresh pomegranate juice and grapefruit oil cleanse the skin while their bright, energetic scents help wake you up on early mornings. Add to that a blend of Fair Trade vanilla pod infusion, skin-softening marshmallow root and almond oil, and you’re in for royally soft, moisturized skin all over. The fragrance was made especially for this product and we think it’s an instant classic. Prince Charming is bound to sweep you off your feet!

Ingredients: 
Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Propylene Glycol , Lactic Acid , Lauryl Betaine , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Titanium Dioxide , *Citronellol , *Farnesol , *Geraniol , *Linalool , Fragrance , D&C Red No. 33 , D&C Red No. 27 , D&C Red No.4 , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

Featured Ingredient:
Grapefruit Oil (Citrus grandis)

What The Jam Jar has to say about this shower gel:
I thought I would've LOVED this scent straight away but I didn't. It's featured ingredient (grapefruit oil) is found in my favourite bathbomb, Space Girl, so I was extremely surprised to find that this scent is TOTALLY different to Space Girl.

As soon as I walked into the store to collect my order, Luke told me that I should close my eyes and imagine the peeerfect man while smelling the Prince Charming shower gel (Cute, ne?). I didn't do that because I was way too anxious to smell the shower gel (Sorry, Luke. I suck!). At first, I thought it was kinda gross but then I smelt it again and I kinda liked it a bit because I started smelling the other yummy scents in the shower gel. I don't know why but I get a slight chocolatey scent from it as well. I ended up taking a smaller bottle to test during the week and see if I really love it or not.

The scent in the bottle is a bit different to actually using it. When I rubbed a bit on my fingers, I got that yummy fruity smell and that's why I did actually end up taking it. The colour of the shower gel is hot pink and it looks SO gorgeous! And like all Lush shower gels, the lathering of this shower gel is good, it's moisturizing and the scent does last a while on your body, which is great!

Would I purchase this again?
I would but if only I had extra money to spend.

Prince Charming Shower Gel - From R75.00
Love Locket Bath Bomb:

What Lush has to say about this bath bomb:
Set hearts aflutter!
What’s inside this locket? You’ll need to break this heart-shaped bomb in half to find out! Use each half and the center for three separate baths (each piece is big enough to stand on its own), or sink in with the whole thing all at once. The outside layer is speckled with paper hearts that will float out to the surface of the pink water, and the hidden center releases a smattering of shiny red agar seaweed hearts to create a spectacular bath time display. The sensual blend of vanilla, jasmine and neroli essential oils top off the luxurious and indulgent experience.

Ingredients: 
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum) , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Eugenol , Geraniol , Methyl Ionone , *Linalool , *Limonene , D&C Red No. 33 , D&C Red No. 27 , Pink Heart Confetti , Red Edible Hearts (Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose (HPMC), Glycerine, Gum Arabic, Sodium carboxy methyl cellulose, FD&C Red 40)

Featured Ingredient:
Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum) 

What The Jam Jar has to say about this bath bomb:
I looked for a review on this bath bomb and when I saw the size of it, I thought to myself that I HAD to get it!
I think the look of it is so adorable and I love bath bombs that has a surprise in the center!

The smell is very powdery and floraly. I absolutely love Neroli-ness and I can clearly smell that scent in this bath bomb. I know the price might seem a bit much for a bath bomb BUT it's massive! It can be broken into two pieces and it has a surprise center so basically you're paying for R31.00 per piece (Cheapest bath bombs are R32.50) which it almost like buying 3 bath bombs at Lush. So, I think it is worth it to buy this bath bomb.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I know I'm going to love it because it smells amazing and it has the same ingredients like most of Lush bath bombs.

Would I purchase this again?
YES!!!!

Love Locket Bath Bomb - R95.00
Let me know if you picked up any of the Lush Valentine's Collection and what you liked or didn't :)

Connect with Lush on:
Facebook - Lush South Africa
Twitter - @LUSHSouthAfrica
Instagram - /lushsouthafrica
Website - Lush Online Store

Until next time..
xx

6 comments:

  1. I love the pics of Kim K crying! I was proper LOL'ing at her face - hahaha!

    The Love Locket Bath Bomb sounds/looks/must be amazing! I can just imagine lying in a bath with it :/ Please let us know how it was once you've used it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her crying face is the best thing ever on a crappy day!

      It is! Lush really went all out with this bath bomb! I will :D

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. You literally made my day with that Kim K slideshow LOL, love the post hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim K's crying face is the best thing that ever happened to the internet!

      Thank you for reading :D I appreciate it!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. Lol kimk made me laugh!! I love the smell of lush products even though I have never used a lush product. I walk in the store just to smell. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim K's crying face is the best thing ever! Haha!

      Uhm, what?? WHY Desle??? WHY?? This makes me upset. You need to buy something and feel the amazingness too! Lol.

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram