Shiny Pink Flower

Friday, February 7, 2014

Event: Vintage and The City Boutique Launch

Hi everyone,

Friday, the 31st January marked the day of the official launch party for Vintage and The City.

Vintage and The City is a cute vintage store situated in the heart of Town, Long Street! I've done a post on Vintage and The City before when I first visited the store. That day I had NO idea I was going to gain the most sweetest friend, ever.


I met with JM at the beginning of January and he told me that he is planning to have a launch sometime soon and he was SO excited and obviously, I was excited too.

Anyways, a few weeks later, I got a DM asking if I got my invitation and then I was like "whaaaaaaat?" and then I got an email from the fabo Shiraaz Reddy inviting me to the official store launch of Vintage and The City!

On arrival, I was greeted by Shiraaz and his assistant and she ticked off my name and I immediately made my way to greet the ever so sweet, Junaid and his darling store assistant, Zahrah. I worked with them a few times and I must say that working with them was one of the highlights of my 2013.

Natalie Becker, an avid Vintage and The City shopper, was the MC for the night and she done excellent job! She is so whimsy and magical that I'm sure she owns a Unicorn or something.


The night basically consisted of vintage lovers oohing and aahing over Vintage and The City's cute vintage clothing, yummy tea tastings thanks to The Tea Merchants and adorably cute cupcakes from Lady Cupcake.

The Tea:
I first came across The Tea Merchants after attending an event at Dermalogica in Wembley square. I was fascinated by the unique design of their gourmet tea bags and the different flavours. I never used to like the taste of Green Tea but after tasting the Jasmine Green Tea from The Tea Merchants, I fell inlove! They have various flavours, very different to your common tea.


The Cupcakes:
We were spoilt with decedent cupcakes from Cupcake Lady. They were so delicious! I couldn't resist digging into a Chocolate Mousse cupcake with a flag that said, "EAT ME".
The cake was moist and soft and just so yummy that I didn't even feel guilty eating it!


The Store:
Oh, the store As I said in my previous post about Vintage and The City, the store is amazing! It might be a a bit small but it is amazing. The decor is on point, the clothing is to die for and the owner is just such a darling.

Vintage and The City carries a bunch of various items. From clothing to accessories to shoes to decor items. JM is very reasonable with his prices, even Natalie Becker seems to think so. 

Located in the heart of Town, this is definitely a gem worth visiting!











The People:
Say hi to the people, Jammys...




Overall, the vintage tea party was perfect. I always feel awkward at events but I didn't feel that awkward lol.
We even got an awesome goodie box with yummy tea and Rain Africa products (which my mother already claimed) and a few gift vouchers from Hello Pretty and Rain Africa! 

PS. Thanks for the extra goodies, bro ;)


Visit Vintage and the City at 287 Long Street, Cape Town.

Twitter:     @Vintage_City
Instagram: VintageLongTime

Make sure you connect with VATC :) They're friendly and love getting chatty with people :D

Until next time..
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram