Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, December 2, 2013

Hi, I'm still here!

Hi everyone,

It's been weeks since I've posted something on my blog. I've been a bit uninspired, busy and just extremely exhausted.

Recently, I've been really busy because I have two jobs now and some freelance work in-between. Yes, TWO! (Apparently, they're not "real" jobs but whatever. It's time consuming and I get a good salary for both jobs so it seems quite real to me) It keeps me really busy but I enjoy what I do. I can't bum off my parents anymore because I feel like I'm just wasting their money when I buy things I don't need like a billion notepads from Typo (I don't even write a lot) or when I feel like spending money to make myself feel better so instead I would rather just waste my own money.

Sad but true.
On Wednesday, I got a phone call from a lady at my University named Alice. Alice told me that I've been invited to an awards ceremony / exhibition that showcases work of the other courses in my department. I was really confused because I don't remember anyone asking if they can showcase my work at this exhibition and there was no way in hell that I would get an award that evening because I knew it was the Top Student award for the year. Alice then told me that I will be receiving an award tonight. I was speechless and the only thing that popped up in my head and out of my mouth was, "NO FREAKING WAY!!!!". Alice then confirmed with a very enthusiastic "Yeah! Way!". After the call with Alice, I phoned my daddy and told him the exciting news. I cried while telling him. I still can't believe it. I still think that someone from CPUT will phone me and say "Oh sorrryyy, we've made a mistake and you're actually dumb". So far, no phone call! YES!

I'm on the Dean's List, bi*ches!
My year has been really amazing. I've been granted amazing opportunities but I will definitely do a post about my year and the highlights.

I have a few review posts laying in my draft box that I will try to complete this week. Promise.

Oh, side note...I dyed my hair pitch black.

OKAY! BYE!

Until next time..
xx

10 comments:

  1. Cute, cute blog... New follower! :)

    http://adventuresofvictoriafolksy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you so much, Victoria!

      I've been following you for a while now :)

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your award Naeemah!! Hard work pays off:-) All the best with your jobs. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, Desle.
      It definitely does! I'm still in shock lol.

      Thank you for your kind words, babe.

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats Love! Glad to hear… and don’t sell yourself short! Ever!
    Mwah!
    Rushda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rushda ♡
      Thank you so much.
      I just feel like I never worked really hard this year for some odd reason lol.

      Mwah.

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  4. Ok. I am delayed but OMW CONGRATS!!!! How freaking prestigious!!!!
    In my mind we're both doing that Napoleon dance to celebrate.

    :) SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Omh! LJ! You're the best!
      Thank you so much and no you're not delayed, man. I didn't exactly broadcast it on Twitter and stuff lol.

      *Dances with you*

      Thanks babe.

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  5. So delayed but congrats on your award!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram