Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Goodbye 2013. Hello 2014.

Hi everyone,

It's that time of the year where everyone is drained and over being at work. Looking over the past year, I can positively say that this year was my year. I didn't set any goals but I accomplished a lot, which is actually really surprising.

A lot of good and bad things happened to me this year, mostly good though.

Ah. The Jam Jar :')
The Jam Jar has helped me gained new friends. Friends that I will probably keep for a long time, even if it's just communicating via social media. I would just like to say thank you to the people that I've met through my blog. Ladies, you've made my blogging experience enjoyable and I thank you for that.

I'm sure I'm missing a few bloggers but anyways,
T H A N K Y O U !
I mean it.
My campus life was a bit rocky, I started the year with a ton of friends and I'm only making it out with a few. I can definitely see the good of it and it's better this way. There were a few people who really made my time at campus special and filled with good memories. Even though lots of crap went down, I am still grateful for everyone I met because they all taught me something and I thank them for that.

A little something I done in 2012 :)
Thank you for these 3 years of my campus life.
My 3 years as a Multimedia Technology student at CPUT was amazing. Best experience of my life. I met so many different types of people and it was just an enjoyable experience for me. The cherry on top was graduating top of my class in my final year (I'm still shocked). All those sleepless nights really paid off.

I've been so blessed this year (Alhamdulillah الحمد لله‎). I am able to work two jobs and freelance jobs. It's hard work and there's not much sleep involved but it pays off (Literally. LOL) 

How I feel errday!
Working with Vintage and The City was a good experience for me. I met the owner and store assistant, Junaid and Zahrah, who are such interesting people. I could sit and chat with them for hours on end. It was such a pleasure spending my Saturday and Sunday mornings with them.

I love the store's gates!
My internship at The Bandwidth Barn has been awesome. It started off a bit slow but it's getting so much better. I am motivated and ready to tackle 2014 with The Bandwidth Barn's design team!

This what happens when I design stuff! YEAH, WHAT??
And for my part-time job at The Baxter Theater Centre, shew, what an amazing experience! The Baxter is definitely my favourite place to be and now that I'm getting paid to be there is even better :D I am an Usher at The Baxter and it's been so awesome. I've met and chatted to local celebrities, started new friendships, I got to watch free shows and interacting with people is so much fun!
Uh no...Not that Usher.
And this is basically my 2013 is a nutshell... I hope my 2014 will be just as blessed (Inshallah إن شاء الله).


Tis the season to be festive and stuff so to everyone that's celebrating Christmas, Happy Christmas :)

Does this tree look familiar to anyone? :D
Please be safe over the festive season, Jammys.

Until next time..
xx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post sweetheart! I know you will achieve great things in 2014. You have what it takes and it will surprise me if we don't hear great things from you very soon.

    Keep smiling and remember that the people who really matter will stay in your life. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leana ♡

      The first time you tweeted about my blog really motivated me to keep up with blogging.
      You're the best! Thank you so much for your amazingly kind words!

      You're definitely one of those people!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. Doing some blog catching up and came across such a lovely post. A million kisses for the shout out Eem! Its much appreciated.

    Here's to another year of happy blog and building new friendships.

    Love
    www.citygirlvibe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasneem ♡

      You've played a big role in my blogging journey. Our late night chats were so fun :D lol.

      Yay!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram