Shiny Pink Flower

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Liebster Blog Award - EEK!

Hi everyone,

The lovely Lisa-Jade from Life Like Mine tweeted me earlier saying that she nominated The Jam Jar for *drumroll* a Liebster Blog Award.

Some people might not take this award seriously, but for me...It's kind of an amazing thing to be nominated. The fact that someone recognized your blog and appreciates it for what it is, is a really awesome feeling!

WHOO-HOO!


What is a Liebster Blog Award?
A Liebster Blog Award is basically a little chain letter that gets passed on from blog to blog. I done some research and the rules has changed a bit. The oldest LBA that can be traced online (most of the posts are either deleted or the users have changed domains, platforms, etc) is 2010. From what I read that the word "Liebster" means "Dearest" in German and that you have to nominate 3-5 favorite bloggers who have less than 3,000 readers. It's basically blog appreciation and creating exposure for a blog too.

Now the criteria is you have to nominate 10 bloggers, provide them with 11 questions to answer and they have to come up with 11 questions in return for their nominations and the nominee has to have 200 or less readers. 

My questions from Lisa-Jade from Life Like Mine:

1) When did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging at the beginning of this year. 12 February 2013 to be exact.

2) What was the best comment from one of your readers that you've received?
There isn't really a "best" comment because every comment I get is the best for me. I really appreciate anyone that takes the time to read and comment on my blog. 

3) Would you dye your hair green?
Hells yeah! Okay maybe not my entire head, but maybe just my last layer.

4) If you could have any one person do a guest post on your blog, who would it be and why?
Realistically: Leana Henke from Hipstyler, pretty and Ginger, because she is just the funniest and sweetest person ever! I love how she writes. Her style is fun, quirky and just awesome! Reading her posts always makes me smile or laugh :D
Unrealistically: Nicki Minaj, because she is cray and secretly we're best friends...she just doesn't know it.

5) Who takes the pictures for your blog?
I take my own pictures :)

6) How much time does it take you (on average) to write and publish a post? 
It depends on my mood / content. Most of my posts are researched and sometimes it will take a few hours, a day or even a few days.

7) What's your prefered beverage while blogging?
Anything cold. I'm not a hot beverage person. However, I do love my tea.

8) What is your dream job?
To be an amazing Senior Designer and Photographer.

9) Is your current blog title your first and only one? If not, what was it?
Yes, it is. The Jam Jar comes from my surname (Ajam...*giggles*).

10) If you could take your blog in another direction to what it is now, what would it be and why?
I would like to do more post about Technology related things seeing that I am in an industry where technology is constantly changing.

11) What is the best advice you've given to a fellow blogger? 
It's YOUR blog, so don't try to be like some other blogger. Make it yours and own it, guuuurrrrrl!
Your amazingness will shine through!
WERK!!!
And the nominations are....
2. Farzaanah - Xana
3. Desle - Diva Desle
4. Shene' - Loveelii
5. Tasneem - City Girl Vibe
6. Priya - Purple Sparklez
7. Rushda - RuBe's Closet
8. Lisa-Jade - Life Like Mine
9. Ivanna - Bridge '91
10. Odette - O So Inspired

My questions for you ladies are as follows:
1. While you are writing a blog post, which position is most comfortable? (Laying down, sitting up, half up half down, etc)
2. What do you listen to while blogging? (Music, audio books, tv for background noise lol, etc)
3. Which beauty item is your holy grail?
4. What's your favourite tv show?
5. If you had to pick between a muffin and a cupcake, which one would you take? 
6. How many times have you burnt yourself with a hot styling tool? (Lol all girls (and some guys) somehow have burnt themselves)
7. If you could be any Disney character, which one would you be? and Why?
8. Horror? Comedy? Action? Thriller? Romcom? 
9. Fill in the missing words: I would rather "_______________" than "_______________" 
(Ex: I would rather eat cockroaches than touch the sledgehammer from Miley Cyrus' Wreaking Ball video)
10. If you could have anything made in your honour, what would it be? and Why? (Perfume, clothing line, jewelry, makeup products, etc)
11. Coca-Cola or Pepsi or ________? (I  ♡ Pepsi, btw)

Thank you SO much Lisa-Jade for the nomination! I really appreciate it!
It really just made my day even more amazing! 


I've been nominated by my fave as well (Hipstyler, pretty and Ginger) so tomorrow I will post that nomination :) Two nominations in one day! I need a Tupperware to contain all my excitement, Jammys!!!


Until next time..
xx

8 comments:

  1. You just crack me up with the pics and give! Lol! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!

      You're just as amazing, L!

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  2. See, now how could I not nominate you? Your talents with gifs are amazesauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, LJ. I can't take credit for the gifs, though.. Google has some awesome and kind of weird gifs ^_^

      Love,
      N
      xx

      Delete
  3. Something to make the study break a bit more fun! THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Naeemah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram