Shiny Pink Flower

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: Charmed Candles in Vanilla Coffee

Hi everyone,

If you are following me on instagram, you probably saw that I instgramed a video of my Charmed Candle. A few weeks back I got an inbox from a gentleman called Steven saying that my name was drawn in a lucky draw to receive one of their lovely candles so last week I received a pretty package from Charmed Candles.

Who is Charmed Candles?

Charmed Candles is a family owned business established in March 2012. They produce unique candles with a little surprise in the wax.
"We immediately saw a niche in the South African market where we could establish our own local brand of stylish candles that, we believed, our customers would absolutely love. We set to work to learn all there is to know about manufacturing high quality fragrance candles, bought all the equipment and started experimenting with different waxes, scents and colours. It was all a bit overwhelming at first but once we found the best wax to use and the fine balance between the scent to wax ratio, we knew we had created something special" - Charmed Candles
I love that they are an Eco-friendly company. The wax that they use for their stunning candles are made with natural wax that comes from palm berries. Fine out more here.

They have a variety of candle scents fit for every mood. From Apple Caramel to Vanilla Coffee.

Vanilla Coffee smells so yum!
What I find so interesting about this candle company is that each candle comes with a bracelet and a special charm. Their charms are made of silver and are valued between R120 - R500 and on occasion they would place a charm in a candle to the value of *sit down for this, Jammys* R5000!
I think this is such a clever idea because this hasn't been done in South Africa before.

The bestest thing about this company is that 10% of all sales go in support of the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation of South Africa.

Check out their different candle collections to find the perfect Charmed Candle for yourself :)

Some of the scents are:
♥   Apple Caramel
♥   Chinese Spice
♥   Fruit Salad
♥   Lavender Lux
♥   Mango Coconut
♥   Milk & Honey Sandalwood
♥   Rose Geranium & Sandalwood
♥   Roses
♥   Musk
♥   Strawberry & Vanilla
♥   Turkish Delight
♥   Vanilla Coffee

My experience: 
When I got home from campus last week, there was a package on my bed and I was SO excited to open it because who doesn't love opening packages wrapped in brown wrapping paper??

Inside I found a dark purple almost black box and enclosed was a beautiful Charmed Candle protected by shimmering silver package worms and I found a pink organza baggy with a silver bracelet inside.

I immediately took it out and lit it :D at first I couldn't smell anything besides a waxy smell. I gave it some time and when I came back into my room I was attacked by a gorgeous, warm, luxurious smell of Vanilla Coffee.

After an hour of burning the candle a silver foil packet started to appear and I was so excited because in that packet was my cute charm ^_^ I quickly pulled the packet out with a tweezer and inside was a Teddy Bear charm with a heart on its tummy.


Check out my Instagram video about my first experience using my Charmed Candle :)

video

The Jam Jar ratings:
Look / design: 9 / 10
Delivery time: 8 / 10
Smell: 9 / 10
Quality of candle: 9 / 10
Quality of charm and bracelet: 9 / 10
Price: 7 / 10
Overall: 9 / 10

It is a bit pricey but the quality makes it worth the price. 

Price range: 
Vibe Collection: R270
Candles with Silver Bracelets (Small Link): R350 - R380
Candles with Silver Bracelets (Medium Link): R425 - R455

** They are currently having a discount on all their candles so make sure you check that out **

source

If you are into scented candles then I suggest that you pick Charmed Candles.

Check them out on Facebook and Twitter for updates and specials.

Until next time...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram