Shiny Pink Flower

Monday, June 17, 2013

Long Weekend Spoils: Hi, I'm Naeemah and I'm a thrifty shopper..

Hi everyone,

I hope you had an amazing weekend. I sure did :).
For the past few weeks I've been glued to my laptop, working like a crazy person on acid for test and assignment week at campus.

It's been so hectic. I've been coming home at 12am from campus. Ah! The joys of being a Multimedia student. I love what I study but shew 3rd year is FO'REALS!

I was so excited for the long weekend because I really needed some rest and family time.
My Friday was pretty chilled. I slept early and got the rest I needed.
Saturday my sister decided that we go for Breakfast but that turned into Brunch because I am the Worlds biggest faffer :\

Spoils of Saturday:
B r u n c h - S p u r :

We decided to have brunch at Spur. It was extremely full because it was a Saturday and they were having Youth Day celebrations. It was so fun and colourful! I really enjoyed the atmosphere. My sister and I shared a half a portion of Spur Nachos and then I had the Original Spur Burger. I know, I'm lame. 

DID YOU KNOW? Naeemah from The Jam Jar has never had Spur's steak.. The shame!

Colourful balloons everywhere!
Taken from: My Instagram. Follow me and stuff :)
Spur Nachos.
Yes, please.

L U S H :
I love reading other peoples blogs. I've heard so much good things about LUSH so I decided to buy some of their bath products. I bought a Bubble Bar and a Bath Bomb.
"100% Vegetarian, 83% Vegan, 60% Unpreserved and 38% Naked (No Packaging Required) We do not test on animals."
I fell inlove.
L U S H  S p o i l s :
Space GirlBath Bomb
Like how pretty is this little planet?!
This cute little bath bomb bursts with gold and red glitter and yummy grapefruit oils. It smells like a Fizzer to me actually. It has a luscious blackcurrant smell that is SO potent! My room has the most yummiest smell now that the Space Girl is inhabiting in my cupboard. It's R28.50, which I think is reasonable. You don't have to use it all at once. I plan on splitting mine into two halves.

The Comforter: Bubble Bar
Ah. The Comforter. Yum.
The bubbles are like silk on your body. It feels like you're floating when the bubbles starts to form up. Gosh.
It smells like sweet berries and it really has a strong, lingering smell that makes you feel at ease and hungry for sweet thangs. This bubble bar lasts so long because you break off a piece and crumble it in the tub. A little really goes a LONG way! It retails for R45.50, again, it's reasonable because it lasts long. It's a good investment.

My 1st Lush purchase :D
Whoop-Whoop!
Spoils of Sunday:
F a t h e r ' s  D a y :
The day before, my sister and I went to Woolworths and bought a ton of goodies for a Father's Day Breakfast at The Jam Jar residence. It was so fun. 
She made pretty platters of Breakfast yummies..

How cute is this??

We made reservations for the family at the Capetonian Hotel to have supper. It was so nice to chill with the family and eat ^_^

Spoils of Monday :
S h o p p i n g  S p r e e :

My favourite day of this long weekend. The past few weeks I've been so busy with campus that I had NO time for myself and today...was MY day :D..

I don't care for brand names. I care about sales and saving money. It is unknown to me why girls spend so much money on a Jersey from TopShop, ZARA, etc.. I can't bring myself to buying things that's overpriced. 
** This is my opinion. I am totes cool if other girls spend tons on a simple top with a fancy brand name **

C o t t o n  O n  S p o i l s :
I love Cotton On. They have the best sales, EVER!
I got some tops for campus and a stud leather bracelet and Sugar Baby Sorbet Lip Balm. 
The total of everything was R350.00. YES! SO MUCH WIN!

The 3 from the left is the same top in 3 different colours.
The one on the right is a mens top. I love mens tops with tights.
Stud Leather Bracelet - R20 | Sugar Baby Sorbet Lip Balm - R10
HELLS YEAH!
S a s s  D i v a  S p o i l s :
I went to Sass Diva because they were having a 50% and 75% off sale and I bought these. I bought another skull bracelet but I think I lost it.
Skull Bracelet - R25 | Ring - R10.
YES! BOOM!

J u m b o:


I popped in a factory shop in Bellville as well and this is what I got.
They sell brand name clothing for half of the price and its good quality! Gosh, I am inlove with this store!

Anyone remember this from Cotton On?
Yeah, R 160!
Pumps and booties. I need a new pair of booties for campus and this pair is so cute and comfortable!
I love pumps. I always end up buying a pair when I go out shopping.

Silver pumps - R75 | Black pixie booties - R120
The 2 cardigans have H&M tags on it. It looks pretty legit but I dunno? It's good quality, though. The material is strong and there is no flaws. It was R75 for both cardigans. Bargain! HOLLA!
The mustard top reminds me of old man shirts. It looks awesome with a pair of jeans and some flats. So casual :D..
I neeeded a woolen scarf and I got this pretty one for R22 :D

Cardigans - R75 | Shirt - R59 | Woolen Scarf - R22
I bought these too :') So fluffy, so warm and oh-so comfy!
Cookie Monster Pj Pants - R50 | White Fluffy Slippers (Mr Price) - R40

And that was my weekend.
How was yours? :)

Until next time..
xo

12 comments:

  1. I want those pants!

    I had a wedding to attend this weekend :) I posted a lot of the pictures on instagram but I will probably do a blog post on it soon!

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! It's so comfy!

    I can't wait to see the pictures. You looked stunning!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bargain shopping. That store is a great find! Love the handbag and the cardigan. Time to search for jumbo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love saving and my parents love it too! lol.

      My mother got a Nine West handbag for R380 at Jumbo!
      I saw a ZARA jacket for R260 at Jumbo too. Yes, dahling.. R260!

      This is their website - http://www.jumbostores.co.za

      You really have to take your time at the store, though.
      So my advice to you is a) go early in the morning b) bring some munchies too lol and c) prepare yourself for some amazing deals.

      Happy shopping.

      xo.

      Delete
    2. Where is this store though? I need to get there asap! Love the studded Cotton On bag

      Delete
    3. Hey Vuyelwa,

      Use their Store Locator option on their website (http://www.jumbostores.co.za/find-us/) to find the closest Jumbo to your area :)

      Happy shopping.

      xo.

      Delete
  4. Loving all your shopping spree spoils Where is this Bellville shop? Flip, I need to go there. I am a bargain shopper too;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      Shop 2, Standard Bank
      Building, 26 Voortrekker
      Road, Bellville, Cape Town

      They have some amazing clothing but you really need to look for it.

      Let me know if you visit the store and if you got anything nice ^_^

      Happy shopping.

      xo


      Delete
  5. My word :( I'm the only one who hasn't tried anything from lush :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way, Priya!

      I was so glad when their Cavendish store opened.

      I can't wait until you try something from them. I love reading your reviews!

      xo.

      Delete
  6. So jealous of all your shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Don't forget to check The Jam Jar out on other social media platforms ♡

Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram